Search results

1. Dan Roscigno

Choosing a softener, and maybe an iron filter

Thanks, l read that thread and will read it again The walls were redone, new boiler, new water heater, new appliances, etc. But, they did not put in a softener. I don't know. If I was doing all the work they did, I would have replaced any galvanized and added a softener. Maybe they left...
  2. Dan Roscigno

I found iron in one of the bathrooms tonight. I had not checked one of the toilets, and sure enough there is a pile of rust powder in one of them. So, I am happy that I will be able to catch it with a sediment filter before the softener. Sorry for the false information!
  3. Dan Roscigno

Thanks @Bannerman If I understand correctly, since there is residual Chlorine in the water (1.2ppm), then even though I do not see stains the iron should be solid and a Big Blue before the softener will take care of the iron. But, I still need a backwashing carbon filter to get the chlorine...
  4. Dan Roscigno

Thanks @Reach4 . I had planned on filters before and after, but never thought about drains or gauges. I think that is a great idea. Thanks!! I am planning to look into the iron test.
  5. Dan Roscigno

Purolite says that SST60 resin removes iron better.
  6. Dan Roscigno

Hi Folks, I am looking for some advice. I had a Fleck 5600SXT in the last house. I have a new (built in 1939, but new to me) house and it is on city water. I need to choose a softener. Details: Three people 13 grains hardness (Hach 5-B test). 0.3ppm iron. There is some staining and powdery...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks