Search results

1. Jona77

Static water pressure changes

Hi, I just had my ancient strainer and pressure regulator replaced and they added a gauge on the house side of the regulator. The plumber initially had it set at 65PSI. I turned it down to 60 static, with the shower running it sits at about 55. I noticed however that after a period of time...
  2. Jona77

Pressure regulator brand/model suggestion

Hello, I have an ancient pressure regulator and strainer on my incoming water pipe. the static pressure is only 30 PSI. I suspect that the ancient pressure regulator and/or the strainer are gross on the inside as they are on the outside and I'd like to replace them both. I reached out to my...
  3. Jona77

What are these old plumbing devices

Possibly some kind of old filter?? House is 60 years old if that helps... what are these devices??
  4. Jona77

Basement shower ideas

Hi, I am definitely adding a toilet and sink bathroom to my basement and I'm toying with the idea of adding a shower. My waste pipe discharges just above slab level and I plan to use a sanishower or similar lift pump Is there any low profile trap options to keep the shower as low as possible...
  5. Jona77

Sump question

Hi! I hope this is the right forum. I bought my home last June and all last summer/fall/spring when it rains the sump pump was fairly constantly going. The area I live in has a high water table. No biggie! doing what it should.. We had a hurricane here a week or two ago and it ran a little...
  6. Jona77

Bathroom half bath help!

Hi guys, Please see attached photo of my current plumbing situation in my basement. I'd like to add a basement toilet and sink (maybe shower - undecided). The building exit is at floor level, the toilet discharge will be from a saniflo back outlet (no macerator so no pump) so the toilet will...
  7. Jona77

Saniflo rear outlet toilet no pump

Anyone install these without a macerator pump? I am interestested due to my above floor level basement plumbing their rough in is around 7.5 inches and the girl who emailed me back said they can be installed without a macerator pump. I have a 3" pipe approximately 7" from the ground I can...
  8. Jona77

Washing machine discharge into 3" pipe

Hi guys, I am changing some pipes in the basement and at some point I'd like to have a bathroom down there. My washing machine currently discharges into a 1.5" pipe which does a 90 then has a laundry sink drain into it and then heads to the waste stack. This is the branch line my future...
  9. Jona77

Can I use a kitchen sink to wet vent a tub?

Hi, I have a kitchen sink+dishwasher in my kitchen with its own vent stack through the roof. I have a bathtub that currently is not vented. I read in the canadian plumbing code "trap arms can be up to 2.4M on 2 inch pipe" and "wet vents have no length restriction" so if I run my tub drain...
  10. Jona77

Hydraulic load from dishwasher when connected to kitchen sink?

Hi! I'm trying to size a drain pipe branch and my national plumbing code book says for hydraulic load of domestic dishwasher: "1 1/2 no load when connected to garbage grinder or domestic sink" I want to verify this means the hydraulic load from my entire kitchen (dishwasher+sink) is just...
  11. Jona77

Is my drawing violating anything code wise?

I'm in NS! attached is a link to the original post on the DIY section which has more pictures of the current setup and also repost of the drawing with the combo wye change. Any changes or notes? or is this OK? I will be securing the cast vent above this stack and reusing it with ABS on bottom...
  12. Jona77

Any good adjustable above ground sprinkler out there?

Hey guys, I have a small property with a lawn I'm trying to revitalize and I am not really interested in creating a below ground irrigation system, I just have two rectangular lawns.. front is 58x34=1972 square feet, and back is 58x25=1450 square feet. I was thinking of getting two adjustable...
  13. Jona77

Cast iron to ABS plumbing stack conversion

Hey guys, Been doing lots of reading but this is my first time posting.. I have a basement I'm doing some renos on and I find the current cast iron plumbing stack to be convoluted and imposing. I am hoping to move it closer to the wall and replace it with ABS. I've attached some pictures of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks