Search results

1. Jona77

Static water pressure changes

So the plumber is coming back on Monday to install a expansion tank for the hot water heater it’s thermal expansion for sure I’d say. only happens when hot water is used the prv has a check valve in it he said so it is a closed system after the prv
  2. Jona77

No expansion tank, the static was about 75 when I just first checked it then I just checked with the running cold water the pressure dropped to about 50 during running and is staying there now that it’s shut off. yesterday when it climbed to 88 max my wife had just showered.. so I think what...
  3. Jona77

Update: the regulator works normally when water is running. With all fixtures shut off it climbs and stops at 88PSI I texted the plumber he said it should be fine.. so static is 88 and running is whatever I set it to.. should a PRV hold the set pressure in static situations or will city main...
  4. Jona77

Hi, I just had my ancient strainer and pressure regulator replaced and they added a gauge on the house side of the regulator. The plumber initially had it set at 65PSI. I turned it down to 60 static, with the shower running it sits at about 55. I noticed however that after a period of time...
  5. Jona77

Pressure regulator brand/model suggestion

Hello, I have an ancient pressure regulator and strainer on my incoming water pipe. the static pressure is only 30 PSI. I suspect that the ancient pressure regulator and/or the strainer are gross on the inside as they are on the outside and I'd like to replace them both. I reached out to my...
  6. Jona77

What are these old plumbing devices

All copper! Or was before I replaced most of the basement sections with pex to facilitate basement finishing project
  7. Jona77

Ya true. Just worried about built up sediment etc in these ancient devices. Thinking about adding a whole home filter
  8. Jona77

its 30 PSI at the hose bib outside so considerably far after the regulator
  9. Jona77

Awesome thanks guys. I’m guessing these should be replaced by the look of them? Also a regulator is interesting because my static pressure is only like 30 PSI maybe it is clogged as well
  10. Jona77

They are in between the meter and the main shutoff valve
  11. Jona77

Possibly some kind of old filter?? House is 60 years old if that helps... what are these devices??
  12. Jona77

Basement shower ideas

That won't be possible in my case, the only thing I want under the floor is the bottom portion of the trap - as I'm using a lift pump which will be on top of the floor the drain will need to flow into that
  13. Jona77

Basement shower ideas

I used my brain and realized if it's lower in the sump pump pit than the floor (which it always is) it will be OK. I will be going the route of digging a small hole or chipping away some for the bottom of the trap to fit. I'm not sure how much clearance will be below the shower drain or how far...
  14. Jona77

Basement shower ideas

6" into concrete or 6" shower riser? I am in an area with relatively high water table - will breaking my slab for a p-trap create potential flooding issues?
  15. Jona77

Basement shower ideas

Hi, I am definitely adding a toilet and sink bathroom to my basement and I'm toying with the idea of adding a shower. My waste pipe discharges just above slab level and I plan to use a sanishower or similar lift pump Is there any low profile trap options to keep the shower as low as possible...
  16. Jona77

Sump question

There is a hole, it discharges water a bit when the pump runs (when it has water to pump)! It's approximately 60 year old home. One thing to note too is I built a large 16x16 deck (replaced a 7x10 deck on the back side of the house it may be diverting some water away from the foundation as...
  17. Jona77

Sump question

Hi! I hope this is the right forum. I bought my home last June and all last summer/fall/spring when it rains the sump pump was fairly constantly going. The area I live in has a high water table. No biggie! doing what it should.. We had a hurricane here a week or two ago and it ran a little...
  18. Jona77

Bathroom half bath help!

Hi guys, Please see attached photo of my current plumbing situation in my basement. I'd like to add a basement toilet and sink (maybe shower - undecided). The building exit is at floor level, the toilet discharge will be from a saniflo back outlet (no macerator so no pump) so the toilet will...
  19. Jona77

Sump pump voltage question. Wait till you see this.

Yes GFI's compare amperage in and out of the circuit, in my opinion you can consider that a more sensitive breaker. In a short situation a breaker would pop if the amperage is above X amount. In a GFI if the amperage on the return (neutral) is different from the amperage on the supply (hot) it...
  20. Jona77

Sump pump voltage question. Wait till you see this.

GFI's are breakers, breakers trip due to over CURRENT conditions. You can successfully or unsuccessfully run any item on any voltage, performance will be effected in various ways - either decreased or increased operating speeds or torques or overcurrent conditions which can damage or destroy the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks