Search results

1. bmaguire14

Running nat gas piping in HVAC chase

Anyone? My post was perhaps overly complicated. Simply put: Is it a code violation to run plumbing in a chase that also houses an HVAC supply duct? Thanks.
  2. bmaguire14

Running nat gas piping in HVAC chase

I am looking to install nat gas piping to the entryway to my house to feed a new nat gas lantern that I am buying. I want to tap into an existing 3/4" nat gas line that is in the attic almost directly above the entryway (I have a two story house with standard 8' ceilings, so attic floor is...
  3. bmaguire14

Water heater too tall for existing flue/chimney vent pipe

Just to close the loop on this: I was able to use a strap wrench to rotate the B-vent enough to free it from whatever sealant/caulk was holding it in place. It took some effort, but after a while it broke through the hardened sealant and came free. Then I was able to easily push it up through...
  4. bmaguire14

Thanks again phog. Trying to rotate it is a good idea. I'll try taking a strap wrench to it to get some leverage and torque. My fear had been that I'd disrupt the waterproofing seal by getting to rough with it, but as you show there should be a storm collar doing that work that won't be...
  5. bmaguire14

Thanks for your reply phog. Since a picture is worth 1,000 words I am posting one below to show the situation I described in the original post. As you can see, its somewhat of a good situation in that there aren't any stories or fireblocks to navigate. It's a straight shot up through the...
  6. bmaguire14

I have installed new hot water heaters (2 x 40 gallon tanks) in my attic, but they are 1-2" taller than the old hot water heaters. As a result, there now isn't enough room between the top of the water heater and the bottom of the existing vent pipe (type B piping) for the vent hood to fit. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks