Search results

1. Jmpage2

Best xylene substitute for concrete surface prep?

Hello folks, I need to remove some old sealants from stamped concrete in preparation of a thorough power wash and re-seal. Historically I have always done this job with xylene which is now banned for sale in my state. I’m confused about the many products out there that are supposed to work...
  2. Jmpage2

Bath Tub Overflow Confusion

Okay well picked up the Danco gasket that home depot sells, no way I can get it in, even the thinnest part of the gasket is too thick to slip between the tub and the overflow tube. Guess I'm all done here. If I want to provide more of a seal for it I would have to silicone it or come up with...
  3. Jmpage2

So, there is a foam ring there, but it is far enough back that even when the overflow tube is pulled forward by the locking collar it is not mating up against the wall of the tub. I'm not sure if I can really get it out (not much space). Is it okay to just try to jam another one in and leave...
  4. Jmpage2

thanks for your help I will see what I can figure out
  5. Jmpage2

Thanks Terry, I'm not sure I can determine if it is installed since there is so little room between the tub and the overflow tube to move things around. Not sure I can get a replacement back there either.
  6. Jmpage2

from this video it appears there is no gasket for the 901 Watco, the ring itself is what seals to the tub, so I guess mine isn’t working. Either an imperfection in the mating surface between The tub and ring allowing water to escape, hooked up incorrectly, etc. I suppose I can apply a bit of...
  7. Jmpage2

So Home Depot sells a Danco overflow plate gasket, but it seems this normally is retained by the screwed in style overflow mounting plate, I don’t have any way of retaining this unless it was captured by the screw on plate fitting or jammed between the discharge tube and the tub itself n
  8. Jmpage2

Hi Jeff, thanks for the reply. If there is a gasket I don’t see how it could be installed as I can move the overflow tube pretty easily by hand but it does seem to be attached to the drain line. Do you happen to know what size/description exists for that gasket? I’ve searched for this part but...
  9. Jmpage2

Hi folks, I had a bit of a scare recently when my oldest overfilled one of the home's upstairs bathtubs, water started being discharged into a light fixture in the ceiling below the tub, fortunately there was no permanent damage. I removed the overflow drain cover which appears to be a Watco...
  10. Jmpage2

Wrapping fireplace duct in cold air space

I already have vents at the very end of the soffit but they might be too far away from where the flue is for it to help. Large gable end vents though could possibly resolve the problem. I will see what the roofing guys think about this. It occurs to me that the reason the problem happens when...
  11. Jmpage2

That's a good idea, I assumed chimney sweeps wouldn't touch this since it's for a gas fireplace. The roof is vented with two large mushroom cap vents including one that's close to this area but when they get covered in snow it can't vent and that is likely contributing to the problem. Since we...
  12. Jmpage2

I don’t believe I can find that out without opening up the space by cutting into it, which I have not yet done. Probably 6” or 8” though based on the way it’s laid out with the chimney.
  13. Jmpage2

Hi experts, I have a gas fireplace that was re-ducted through a patio addition that was put on my home nearly 10 years ago. The original vent was re-worked and it was extended maybe 20-30 inches through the new patio soffit and a chimney installed. Water is pooling under the chimney and...
  14. Jmpage2

Fasteners installed in fresh concrete slab?

Okay, this one is really throwing me for a loop and I thought someone here might know the answer because my Google-Fu is coming up short on this. We just had fresh sidewalks poured by a contractor throughout our suburb. This was about two months ago. Today we noticed that many of the sidewalks...
  15. Jmpage2

Is it okay for sump discharge to drop below eventual outlet height?

One more thing. A french drain would definitely help take some of the water off the property and if I re-routed the sump discharge to an area where I could install a french drain it might somewhat alleviate what I was running into before.
  16. Jmpage2

I should have thought of that but I did not. That is probably a deal killer for what I had been thinking of.
  17. Jmpage2

Probably would have to take pictures to fully articulate it but I think the answer provided about it freezing means I won't be able to do what I was thinking of. I cannot run pipe under their pour because they already did the pour an at that time they put in a prefab drain. The issue is that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks