Search results

1. Ryan Miehm

Job pricing opinions

I’m looking for opinions on how some plumbers out there charge for jobs such as basement bathroom rough in’s, main floor rough in’s, etc. By the hour? Per fixture? Flat rate? I’m fairly new with my own business and looking for opinions
  2. Ryan Miehm

Plumbing in cold air return space between wall studs?

I came across a job where PEX water lines and 1 1/2” system 15 PVC drain/vent line was running in a cold air return for furnace in an industrial condo/warehouse unit (office space and warehouse space) that is only one floor. Is this allowed or no?
  3. Ryan Miehm

Shutting boilers down

Is it good to shut off the breaker for DHW boilers before shutting down the cold water supply in an apartment building? I’ve had a few cases where the boiler won’t fire back up after turning the water supply back on
  4. Ryan Miehm

Installing new laundry room and bathroom

Looking to install a new bathroom and laundry room in basement... what’s the best/easiest way to determine if there’s enough fall from the sanitary drain going out the foundation outside to the location of the new bathroom/laundry?
  5. Ryan Miehm

Wrong connection?

Seen this at a supplier... is using a wye to connect to vent not against code?... in Canada anyway
  6. Ryan Miehm

Laundry Rough in question

Is there any need for the back vent on the 2” laundry standpipe drain in the photo attached? Would it not be wet vented by the laundry sink tied in above?
  7. Ryan Miehm

Leaking hot water heater help

Hot water heater is leaking from panel that covers bottom thermostat/element. I figure it’s the tank that has blown. However it seems that when I shut the cold water valve off at the top of the tank, the leak stops. If it were the tank, would it not leak until all the water drains out of it?
  8. Ryan Miehm

Proper island sink drain hook up?

Wondering if this hookup is acceptable? The AAV is cut off at the top of the photo
  9. Ryan Miehm

System 15 vs XFR

Is system 15 or XFR pipe “fire rated”? It will be used in a 3 story medical building
  10. Ryan Miehm

Double sink vanity venting

hi all, I have been looking at some ideas for venting a double sink vanity and I came across this layout that was posted by another user. is this set up sufficient? my concern is that the water from the left sink, will flow past the right sink and the vent is on the other side of the sink. any...
  11. Ryan Miehm

Venting help!

So I came across this set up (see picture) no vents at all. I’m just wondering what the best way to vent these sinks would be. Do I need to put vents on each 1 1/2” line before they tie into the 2” horizontal line or can they be installed on the 2” horizontal?
  12. Ryan Miehm

Wet venting question

Can I use a lav sink tied into a 2” line to wet vent a newly installed utility sink?
  13. Ryan Miehm

Is this kitchen sink/basin set up violating any codes?

So I have a bathroom lav and on the opposite side of the wall, I’m looking to install a utility sink (laundry tub). The bathroom lav also serves as a wet vent for the toilet, i have attached a drawing of my planned layout. Is there any codes being violated? From what I understand it will be wet...
  14. Ryan Miehm

New kitchen sink install/ venting

Hi there so I have an existing bathroom and looking to install a kitchenette on the opposite side of the wall, is the way I have to drain connected in the drawing acceptable? I figure that would mean that the bathroom sink drain is the wet vent for the new kitchen sink. But I could be wrong. Do...
  15. Ryan Miehm

Adding a bar sink on opposite side of bathroom?

Wondering if this plan is up to code in Ontario. Existing is a 2” wet vent for the toilet with and 1 1/2” basin tying into it, with an 1 1/2” continuous vent. Am I able to tie a new line for a bar sink into the 2” wet vent as drawn? Or do I need to cut in a vent on the bar sink drain? Or would...
  16. Ryan Miehm

Tying vanity Lav and laundry tub into same horizontal line

I have a bathroom vanity and on the opposite side of the wall I need to install a laundry tub, am I able install a wye for bathroom sink and extend the 1 1/2” horizontal drain through the wall and 90 the laundry tub in or do I need to tie them in with a double Wye fitting? I have made up...
  17. Ryan Miehm

Need help with tying 2 sinks into same line

I have a bathroom vanity and on the opposite side of the wall I need to install a laundry tub, am I able install a wye for bathroom sink and extend the 1 1/2” horizontal drain through the wall and 90 the laundry tub in or do I need to tie them in with a double Wye fitting? I have made up...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks