Search results

1. justin2006

AHH! Heater Cycling & That's ALL!?!

I spoke with the propane company today and they are going to try to get out here on Friday to inject something into the tank. He told me what, but now I forget. I'm going to ask the guy that shows up if the regulator should also be replaced (I think the regulator is what froze up). I still...
  2. justin2006

It dipped down to -16F in the early morning hours, and the high today is expected to be a toasty 13F (but -26F if you include wind chill). I'll keep the light-bulb going and will see what the propane company says -- doubt they could get out here before next week anyway. :(
  3. justin2006

Ah ha! It took the light bulb / tarp only a few minutes to do their magic. At 3:42am the heater has fully cycled-on and is now heating the house once again. :D I'm going to contact the propane company tomorrow to see what they say -- I don't want this happening again this winter --...
  4. justin2006

I went back outside and rigged up a low-wattage light bulb + added a tarp. There are ice crystals on the "control valve"(??) that has the gas line to the house, so it seems that is frozen up. Sure hope this works... (Natural Gas is finally available in my area... guess I should eat the...
  5. justin2006

Hi, It's 3:15am and got a big snowfall the past 2 days, and it is now -12F outside. I have PROPANE (tank has 55%) and my heater is cycling on/off, but not going FULL ON. Please see the youtube video showing what is happening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mwKgFS14cU...
  6. justin2006

Smell in hot water issues

Similar problem for me too.. I have a similar problem at only one fixture - an upstairs sink - only happens at the hot water faucet infrequently (several times a week). My house is plumbed with a hot water recirculation system, though I never turn it on. Any clues what may cause this for...
  7. justin2006

Americast bathtub creaks

American Standard Whirlpool I'm new to this forum, but I have an American Standard Whirlpool (Cadet) and it also creaks in a few places when taking a shower (I'm 6'6" and 235 pounds). I didn't own the house when it was installed, but the installers followed the manual (quoted below) -- i.e...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks