Search results

1. Plumb Sob

Tub flange/shoe standardization

Ok, great. I feel more confident giving it a go. Thank you.
  2. Plumb Sob

Thanks Jeff, Just to clarify, I thought the bushing was 1 1/2 and without it was 1 3/8? If I do replace the tee and lower it I was concerned doing that would tilt the shoe flange assembly as well. That is unwarranted? If I tighten the flange snug then there is enough play to lower the tee...
  3. Plumb Sob

Helloes, A neighbor has water leaking around his tub drain. I am unable to remove the flange, the shoe is galvanized steel i believe. I bought a stopper/flange from the Borg that is for 1 3/8" shoes with a threaded bushing for 1 1\2" ones. I was planning to cut out the old flange by any...
  4. Plumb Sob

Shower valve/drop ear depth problem

The threaded part is separate from the arm. It's what i would call a fitting. Half of it is threaded and the other half is a cylinder with some rubber gaskets around it that the arm pushes onto and then a couple of set screws hold it in place. This is the only diagram i could find, it's for the...
  5. Plumb Sob

Okay, here's a picture of the actual shower arm~ That threaded part screws into the drop ear and then the arm slides on to it flush with the finished wall. So if the ear is too far back into the wall the threads won't engage. Those typical shower head arms (...
  6. Plumb Sob

Maybe this stock photo can help elucidat It looks like the face of the fitting is even or slightly recessed from the plane of the studs. This is where the fitting would be for me too if i went plumb straight up from the valve with the valve installed at the prescribed depth relative to the...
  7. Plumb Sob

Yeah, sorry, not real familiar with the terms. One of these~https://www.menards.com/main/plumbing/rough-plumbing/pipe-tubing-hoses-fittings-accessories/fittings/brass-fittings/sioux-chief-1-2-fip-x-1-2-mip-brass-coupling/0121988/p-1444442666100-c-9432.htm I need it because the shower head...
  8. Plumb Sob

The most insane bike ride down a mountain

Epic. Looks like the Red Bull Rampage but with trees. I wonder how they decided which trees to put those red pads on.
  9. Plumb Sob

Lowe's plumbing aisle

You put the punch line in the thread title.
  10. Plumb Sob

Ello, I am installing one of those waterfall showers for someone. When i install the valve at the prescribed depth and run the pipe vertically for the drop ear the depth of the ear is too far recessed based on what i can tell from the Chinglish instructions. If i tilt the pipe slightly...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks