Search results

1. RinCT

Dead End Copper Caps

I heard bad things can happen with bacteria, ect with these ends. Do you think any of these are worth addressing? Thanks
  2. RinCT

Toilet is a Bidet

I changed back to old toilet. Water staying in bowl but you can see it bubble up on initial flush. Odd. Would laundry nearby be an issue? Would a blockage near street be an issue? Im not sure how plumbing drains work.
  3. RinCT

Toilet is a Bidet

In the attic it has a couple elbows.
  4. RinCT

Toilet is a Bidet

More pics coming in a bit. Thanks. Wondering if its a vent thing or a blockage.
  5. RinCT

Toilet is a Bidet

Bought house in 2007 and Replaced all waste pipe except cast iron stack vent..but since then my toilet always bubbled up first before flushing. I replaced the toilet last week and water level in bowl drops down with nothing else on. It doesnt fill back up. When I flush it splashes up as if...
  6. RinCT

Burnham Tankless Coil Leaking

Did a search and didnt find many posts on this. I got a dribble leak from the gasket at the coil when we run the shower.. Wondering if you all think I should replace the entire coil with plate or just the plate and gasket? Burnham V83 (2001) I only use for hot water mostly since I have a...
  7. RinCT

Burner didn't shut off at limit

5-10 minutes?? When there's no call for hot water The thing cycles every 2 hours for 2-3 minutes each time. Temp drops about 20 degrees every hour. It is winter though but the basement stays 55-65° year round. In warmer months I lower the low limit so it doesn't cycle so often. Luckily I...
  8. RinCT

Update: I ran the heat, lowered the HiLimit down and the boiler cycled off before it went over 170. So we know that's all good. I did what Dana said and added some pressure to the tank then bled system down, and WhaLa!! Pressure now staying at 10-11psi which was about where it was before I...
  9. RinCT

Wow. Thank you so much Dana for the info and taking the time into looking at it.. I want to try 2 things then will post back when I do. 1. Turn heat on, lower hi limit down and see if it cycles off before it gets to 190° 2. What you said about pumping into the expansion tank. I have been using...
  10. RinCT

Wow, great info. Thanks! So here's a couple pics and more info. Not sure if it helps, like you said, its tough to do over the phone or internet without being here. Thanks for taking the time to post! Boiler: Burnham PV83 WL Pump: Beckett AFG 70MBASN Air Handler: First Company 36HBXB-HW 1 Level...
  11. RinCT

Its an oil fired burner for heat and hot water. Hydro air system. All is fine when showers are running. But only when heat runs it gets up there. Wonder why it would go over limit like that only with heat. Odd Edit: forgot to mention I have forced air with the oil boiler. Sorry. Thanks for...
  12. RinCT

Newbie here. I just noticed my Oil Fired Burnham Boiler wasnt shutting off when heat runs. I turned Tstat down so it stopped. Went to check temp and it was almost 200 with pressure rose to 20psi. Normally at 15. I have Hi/Lo set at 180/150 and diff at 12. Maybe I never noticed before but why...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks