Search results

1. martha bartley

Dishwasher: hardwire or outlet?

Hi all, I am installing a new dishwasher. I am comfortable doing this wiring because my dad was an electrician and taught me general wiring. My question is, do you think it’s better to have an outlet under the sink or just hardwire it. It seams weird to me that code would allow an electrical...
  2. martha bartley

Horizontal wet vent mock up, Please advise.

I will be ripping out my previous attempt at this. Here is the mock up for my new plan. I will be doing a horizontal wet vent for the bathroom group and kitchen sink. I would appreciate feedback from the pros. (I promise if you help me through this I will never attempt this on my own again.)...
  3. martha bartley

Proper angle for DWV tie ins

I am learning that what I find on the internet is often wrong, so just wanted to run this bit by you. Is the info on this photo correct? (sorry for the blur, I had to reduce the quality to be able to upload.) If it is and if I’m understanding it correctly any branches that tie into the...
  4. martha bartley

IPC vs UPC

I was reading a thread posted back in 2012 where HJ posted the following: “Well, for one thing, in my opinion the IPC is a "code of convenience" adopted by "lazy plumbers" who want to do things the "easy way". That is the reason they pulled out of the merger with the UPC. But, codes are...
  5. martha bartley

Is this configuration legal? please help.

Hello, I just replaced the CI with PVC. I copied what was already there, but have read things that make me question if it is correct. please forgive me if I do not use the correct verbiage, as I am new to this. I have an unusual situation because the soil stack is directly under the toilet and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks