Search results

1. Hydrocynus

Venturi injector and flow switch relay

Hello, I am failing to get my ozone injector to work and I am not sure why. I want to inject ozone to my 1" input line to my main well filter as water is being drawn in. For this, I have ordered a 3/4" ozone injector which is vertically mounted with the flow going up against gravity. My bridge...
  2. Hydrocynus

Res-up vs. Rescare? Same products?

It is also sold on Amazon for cheaper and reviews on Amazon state both are equivalent and the feeders can be used interchangeably. I will test for 6 months and see. It is also a substantial saving (so, I am a bit skeptical).
  3. Hydrocynus

Res-up vs. Rescare? Same products?

Hello all, I am using Res-up with their dispenser in my softener to keep my resin in tip top shape. I also soak my resin every 6 months in Ban-T (give it a 24h soak). Are Res-up and Rescare the same? By looking at the SDS, they seem to be beside the color... if so, can I use Rescare in my...
  4. Hydrocynus

Clack WS1 (5 buttons): how to trigger an ozone maker?

I have found the manual for this board V3408EEE-04 (V3435EEE manual). What is the equivalent for this board of P74 program? P74: Downflow:1st backwash 12min :rinse 60min : 2nd backwash N/A : Fast rinse 10min. Also, how do I know if I have a 1" vs 1.25" valve? Thanks! Getting there....
  5. Hydrocynus

Hello Dittohead and others, I was able to source out the right Clack 4 buttons board. See picture attached. I am using this ozone maker JED 103. I am going to do some research on the board and see if I can figure this out but I welcome any help I can get. Thanks you all for your help! Cheers.
  6. Hydrocynus

Well water and pump short cycling conundrum

Hello all, I wanted to give you an update. The CSV valve has been working very well since I installed it. No more short cycling. I took the extra warranty, so I hope it will outlast the warranty. As a follow up, my well pump is now 6 years old and I know that I am probably rearing its end of...
  7. Hydrocynus

I showed the picture I have attached to the person willing to install it and he told me that there is some soldering to do . Any info on what the test port does? Where do I find more info about this board? Thanks.
  8. Hydrocynus

Interesting because I have a guy here who told me and showed me a picture that he needs the five buttons clack valve to make it work with his ozone maker made for SPAs. What about pressurizing a tank with ozone with an air shut off and connect that to the one way valve intake? On another level...
  9. Hydrocynus

I will take a picture tomorrow. But if it does not work, can one just hook up an Arduino circuit to the control board and generate ozone when the air is being regenerated? Or simpler, use a vacuum switch to trigger the pump? After thinking more about it, an additional ozone contact tank where...
  10. Hydrocynus

Hello, Can someone here tell me how to trigger an ozone maker so that I get an ozone drawn filter in lieu of an air drawn filter? Is there a switch I need to buy to make this happen? Thanks.
  11. Hydrocynus

Help: need help with well water treatment

Thanks. Looks like the H2O2 would have to be placed before the well water enters the filter media. Costs of H2O2 a month seems to be about $25-$30 a month (about 2 gallons of 7% H2O2). So, it looks like this is going to be moderately expensive. I will test my H2S this week but it seems to me...
  12. Hydrocynus

Well, I do not want to mess with the system that is already in place. I did think about an ozone drawn retrofit system as 100% O3 is a much better oxidant than 21% O2 (air drawn). However, that means that I need to lower the grade of my clack valve. H2O2 also does not come out cheap, hence the...
  13. Hydrocynus

Thank you all for your answers. That does not really answer my original question as it seems that your answers elude to eventually changing the filtration medium. I have tested my own water using bench equipment in my lab. For the suflides and the iron, I used HACH test kits and used either a...
  14. Hydrocynus

Hello, I am in South Florida and I get my water from the sandstone aquifer at about 95 feet. I have a system that I use now for 6 months. It was installed professionally and consists of an air drawn system (10X54 air injected), 1.35 ft^3 of Calgon Centaur catalytic with 5 pounds of KDF-85...
  15. Hydrocynus

Protect exposed to UV minisplit drain hose

Hello, is there a way to protect the end of the drain that exit the wall. I live in Florida and the sun in rising on the wall where both of my drains exit. Was thinking encapsulating in a copper fitting straight to 90 elbow? Or is there a commercially made one. I did not upgrade the drain from...
  16. Hydrocynus

valveman, thanks for your answer. I am about to buy the unit from the CSV website with the 5 year warranty. I will mount the unit just after the elbow coming out of the riser. My pipe is schedule 40 PVC (thick wall). So, I just need two PVC 1-1/4" straight joints with one end to be glued onto...
  17. Hydrocynus

Thanks Reach4. I will take a picture to show you what the seal on top looks like. I do hear a hissing noise when the pump pumps water. I do not hear any hissing noise when it stops. I think I now recollect that he screwed a brass one way check valve just above the pump. Before I changed the...
  18. Hydrocynus

Thanks for your answers and to have read my long post. There is a seal where the water pipe goes down the casing. I can still hear a slight hiss when the water is drawn though. This is also where the relief valve is located. The J class does not come with a one way check valve and I do not...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks