Search results

1. handyman923

DWV Review

We are in the process of remodeling our house and adding a bath for a total of 3. I have laid out the DWV system and was hoping I could get some folks to take a look to see if everything will pass the IPC? The sketch I have shown is a combination of some new and some existing. Thanks so much!
  2. handyman923

Combining vents in attic

I am combining some vents in our attic. I have a 1-1/2" line teeing (horizontal) into a 2" line. Can I use a sanitary tee (horizontal) or should I use a combo wye for this vent? Thanks!
  3. handyman923

Minimum Trap Arm Length

Is there a minimum trap arm length for a washer stand pipe? Right now, I have the outlet from the P-trap butting tight to the sanitary tee. Is this too close? Will this create a S trap? Thanks for any advice!
  4. handyman923

Primer Line for Laundry Floor Drain

I am installing a floor drain in an upstairs laundry room and need to install a primer valve. The drain I am using has a trap primer port inlet on the side of the drain near the top. I am installing the primer valve under a nearby sink. In order to run a 1/2" line to the drain, I will need to...
  5. handyman923

Mixing Valve for Tempering water

I am looking to install a mixing valve on our current water heater so I can increse the temperature to 140 to 150 and not be scalded. I was looking at the Honeywell AMX300 mixing valve that attaches directly to the top of the water heater. The specs list the minimum flow rate as 0.25 gpm. My...
  6. handyman923

AO Smith Vertex, Bradford White High Performance, Or Eternal Tankless

I am looking to replace a 10 year old Bradford White conventional 50 gallon water heater. We are a family of 4 with two small kids so we take a lot of baths. Also, we have a dual showerhead shower in our master that uses 4 gpm when we have both heads on. Needless to say, we often run out of hot...
  7. handyman923

Bathroom DWV Layout

I am putting a small addition on the back of our house with a new bathroom. I was hoping I could get some reviews of my DWV layout. It is a simple bathroom with the vanity, toilet, and tub/shower. Originally I was going to use a horizontal wet vent, but my plumbing inspector told me that the...
  8. handyman923

Access panel for Roman Tub Faucet?

I am installing a soaking tub with a roman tub faucet. The roman tub faucet has a pull-out hand-held sprayer with a braided stainless steel hose with threaded fittings at each end. The hose will retract to below the tub deck. Do I need an access panel for this faucet? Thanks!
  9. handyman923

90 Deg out of trap?

I am plumbing the drain for a new bathtub and was wondering if it is legal to come out of a trap with a 90 (see attached picture). I am trying to clear an existing floor joist. Thanks! David
  10. handyman923

Tub and shower vent

I was hoping I could get some opinions on my DWV plan for my tub and shower. Please take a look at the attach sketch. - I have two options (I think) for venting. Option A involves tying into an existing vent in the attic. Option B involves running the vent up thru the roof. I would rather do...
  11. handyman923

Double Vanity Vent

I am remodeling our bathroom and am working on the DWV for the double vanity. I want to recess a cabinet into the wall right where the existing vent goes up. See attached diagram. I would like to cap off this vent and then run a separate vent from each lav up into the attic, and tie them...
  12. handyman923

Well Pump Output

I recently installed a new 1hp convertible jet pump on an existing 20' shallow well. I have a precharged pressure tank connected to a second output of the pump. The water level is about 3' below grade and draws down to about 5' below grade when the pump is running. My problem is that I am...
  13. handyman923

Well for Sprinkler System

I am trying to design my sprinkler system to run off of my shallow well. My house is on domestic water. My sprinkler system will have spray heads and drip irrigation. The water level in the well is about 3' below grade and about 5' during pumping. I have a 1 hp Sears convertible jet pump with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks