Search results

1. Deathtofishy

Wall hung toilet carrier on exterior wall

In the planning phase of a bathroom remodel. Looking into possibly installing a wall hung toilet. Both for aesthetics and space saving in a small bathroom. We live in a climate where our winters average 46° high / 22° low in the winter, but occasionally we will have single digit over nights and...
  2. Deathtofishy

New heat pump water heater and thinking of adding hot water loop. Pump or thermosyphon?

Good Morning, I'm going to be replacing my hot water heater in the next couple weeks with a hybrid water heater (rheem performance platinum) and also am planing on doing a bathroom remodel this summer, which is my furthest water fixture from the heater. I was looking at considering a hot water...
  3. Deathtofishy

Sealant/joint compound on bath valve union

I'm at the last connection in re-plumbing a house, and the shower/bath has a two handle valve and the hot and cold are tied in with brass unions. The unions didn't leak before, however they are older and one did show some scaling/lime on the face of it. 1. Should I clean up that scaling and...
  4. Deathtofishy

PEX slack when running through joists/studs with insulators

I'm running PEX-a through floor joists in a basement. The basement is going to be finished, and this is the first time running them through multiple joists or studs. I picked up some of the pipe insulators that are recommended for the job, but after pulling the PEX through the longest run I...
  5. Deathtofishy

Exposed wall PEX in conduit

I've replaced all the galvanized lines in a duplex of mine with expansion PEX except where the supply lines come in at the bottom of a basement and go up a wall. Photo is attached. The two supply lines coming into a duplex that are galvanized. Changing the supply lines from the meter to the...
  6. Deathtofishy

Threaded PVC supply line to copper, and hammer arrestor question

Hello, I have a duplex that currently has two 1" PVC lines coming from the meter, reduced down to a 3/4" female thread that is connected with a union to the 3/4" copper main lines in the units. (see photos). One of the supply's has a small leak at the union that I'm planning on addressing...
  7. Deathtofishy

Quality Shower Valve Socket Set

Hello, I've got some older properties I maintain and recently ran into an issue where the shower socket valve set I have just barely doesn't seem to fit the packing nut. The packing nut size in question seems to be 1" 5/32nds, but possibly its an oddball size of 1" 3/16ths? I didn't have a deep...
  8. Deathtofishy

Water heater supply line smaller than return?

Couldn't find a post related to my question when searching, sorry if this has been answered. I have a newer water heater in one of my rental units (installed by previous owner), and I am replacing all the old galvanized steel pipes in the basement with PEX due to corrosion and poor flow. The...
  9. Deathtofishy

Basement utility sink plumbing with washing machine stand pipe

Hello, I've gathered a lot of info from this site, but this is the first time posting on here. I couldn't find a direct answer to my situation so I wanted to get some opinions. I am having a sewer line replaced in my basement, that is under the concrete floor. While it is being replaced I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks