Search results

1. Jay Vining

Am I looking at a new heat exchanger (NPE240A)

Okay so I was able to work some more on my wed thurs off. Got everything cleaned out. I marked the levels of the bottles when I filled them and neither lost or gained level. I guess in hindsight I was lucky that it happened at what seemed like the second the katalox kicked over to regen. I...
  2. Jay Vining

Well Pumped Sand

I do have a cartridge before and after the treatment train. However it exploded when it got loaded with sand and like a bone head i swung it to bypass and wh is first off that header and it all settled in the low point. Upgraded to the blue sump vs the clear that was on there. Going to upgrade...
  3. Jay Vining

Thanks for the help. I am going to get one of those blow downs in there...this one looks real nice. Also changed from the clears to the blue poly housings. Unfortunately state farm won't touch it because its a well. I would need an additional ryder. Which of course I didnt have lol. But I...
  4. Jay Vining

Well Pumped Sand

The amount of sand at the site of the explosion was around 45lbs. When I slung the raw to bypass the tankless is the first thing. I did take apart my navien to my level of comfort it was too bad but definitely evidence of sand around and about. Also my navien is in well mode and recirc...
  5. Jay Vining

Katalox,softener,carbon questions

Rgr, I do that with the carbon. But was just wondering if there is a way to or is it beneficial to convert everything over to softener style valves to draw in specifics products for carbon and the katalox. They sell an iron filter product at the hardware store, but I dont know how to get it in...
  6. Jay Vining

I have familiarized myself with that thread. I realized I rambled a bit. Mostly I was curious to the processes of getting these resin bottles "clean". The order was OK'd by a couple people here and the guy that sold the stuff to me (Their initials are "A.S"). But I am not saying I dont think...
  7. Jay Vining

Well Pumped Sand

Roger that! I ran the well through a couple spots in the house with a hose to the outside. I think my hose isn't really allowing enough flow. Once the hose goes clear ill go with a bucket and really let it rip and it will be caked in the bottom again. Couldn't do too too much, cause of work...
  8. Jay Vining

Hey there again, just me looking for help, yet again. Been doing a lot of work on the plumbing on the house and well. For sanitizing the above mentioned systems how would one go about it? The heads are all 5810s on 12x52 bottles. Katalox light -> Softener (rm100 media) -> Centaur carbon...
  9. Jay Vining

Well Pumped Sand

In the giving spirit. My new house keeps letting me down. Saturday early morning when the katalox went to regen. The well pumped sand and hit the big blue pre filter so hard it blew the bottom out starting to flood the basement. I whipped it on bypass(raw water) in the heat of the moment...
  10. Jay Vining

Going to start a couple separate threads here but will put them in appropriate places. TLDR Well pumped sand a couple nights ago. So much so that when a regen started it hit the pre-filter so hard it blew the bottom out and started flooding the basement. In the hurry of waking up from a dead...
  11. Jay Vining

Pink stains

Roger that I will give them a shot! Would they harm the septic?
  12. Jay Vining

Pink stains

Hey there! Thanks to all your help earlier last year I have a very nice water filtration setup in the house. Everything is working great....although I'm used to the soft water now and it makes me think the softener isn't working but thats okay. Well and it keeps a bit less water in the brine...
  13. Jay Vining

New House, New Well, Need Help With Filtration

Thank you for all the support and responding. I'm not trying to be hardheaded, just want to be thorough in my research. I will be sending another sample out for a more detailed analysis. I do believe my well company upon mandate of the county does a basic test for bacteria and sanitizes it if...
  14. Jay Vining

10-4 Fortunately, like you said, our rates are affordable for now. I'm still really trying to figure out this TDS issue as that's what is really wiggingmy brain out when it comes to consuming it. I had someone here PM me saying that it doesnt add up with the given info and to send it to a...
  15. Jay Vining

Thanks for the reply. I will go ahead and ask them their definition of "trace". Theres is definitely no smell of H2S I am positive of that. Unfortunately about 6 miles up the road at my friends new pad his water smells so bad of it...I can smell the hose from the field over. Any particular...
  16. Jay Vining

Hello TLF (this will be long sorry) Been lurking here for along time, and quickly learned every situation is different, and I should just bite the bullet and ask. So, New construction house (~2ksqf, 3bed, 2.5bath just me and the wife) with a new well. The well is ~260' (lined for 200')...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks