Search results

1. sherms82

Almost stripped nut on gas valve

Well, to the people that were actually helpful, thank you, a flare nut wrench perfectly solved my problem. Apparently I made the mistake of giving too many details and should have remained nut-focused. As to the other few, I alluded to the fact that not everyone has $500+ in a rainy day fund...
  2. sherms82

Sounds right according the intranets, it's a 182791-004. I will get myself a properly fitted flare nut wrench for sure. It's not quite at the beyond-hope status and still has a chance of being loosened if I do it correctly.
  3. sherms82

I would love if this was an option but unfortunately it is not at this time. I do have extensive experience in the repair/troubleshooting department, just not specifically water heaters, so this plants me firmly in the "knowledgeable enough to be dangerous" category. Meaning, at first glance I...
  4. sherms82

You are correct, thank you, my bad.
  5. sherms82

I have what I believe to be a faulty thermocouple in my Kenmore Power Miser 9 water heater. The flame has started going out randomly, and it will spark and hold the pilot as long as I'm pushing down the button, but then goes right out after releasing. I can hold it up to five minutes and it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks