Search results

1. Joe Sullivan

Generic version of this T&P valve?

Hello, I need to replace the valve on my water heater, but I can't get the exact one that is on it now. (See picture here https://www.screencast.com/t/Jyay9l8CzeH). Is there a valve at Home Depot or Lowe's that is compatible?? Thanks a lot
  2. Joe Sullivan

Do I just start pulling on this shower cartridge?

Hello, This forum has been very helpful. I'm just wondering, after I turn the water off, do I just try to pull out the cartridge with pliers? I've seen some different approaches on YouTube for removing a cartridge, so I thought I'd ask. See here what I have...
  3. Joe Sullivan

Shower water stops won't budge

Hello, I finally got my shower faucet plate off and it appears there are stops to shut off the water, which is good, because I live in a condo and otherwise would have to turn off water to the entire building. But these screws do not turn. Not even a little. I have used almost max force. All...
  4. Joe Sullivan

Best tool to remove this shower plate?

Hello, I got this (in picture) to turn a few times, but I need a better (longer?) tool. My hand is hurting. Any suggestions on channelocks or something similar. The tool in the picture is what I have been using. It's a nice little tool, but I need something better. See here...
  5. Joe Sullivan

What is this pipe near the water heater

Hello, Great forum. A pipe that is attached to my water heater was leaking this morning. It was an easy fix because the screw at the red arrow in the picture was very loose. But there was a light stream of hot water coming from the pipe in the red box in the picture. It lasted for a good few...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks