Search results

1. GEWaterSoftenerDude

PEX-A and spinnning fittings

Thanks @Reach4 ... you have been super helpful to me in several questions I have had. You are invaluable to the community. Yep... I actually did the the Tee with a union so next time it is a no-brainer. I'm not too worried about the expansion tool as I bought the Milwaukee M12 ProPEX...
  2. GEWaterSoftenerDude

Well I have all the parts now to replace it just in case it doesn't work out. I'm gonna dive in on this probably tomorrow. Thanks for all the comments here!
  3. GEWaterSoftenerDude

Well that was a good idea... I called Uponor tech support and they said "No problem... it shouldn't upset the integrity of the fitting". But like you, I would definitely like to know from others in the field if its been done and works fine and/or any negative problems from it.
  4. GEWaterSoftenerDude

I'm hoping 5 turns... it may be more... but yes, that is the fitting and thats exactly what I want to do. Is it doable?
  5. GEWaterSoftenerDude

I recently had a plumber update my well expansion tank since it was leaking. I'm on some fairly corrosive water and my plumber reused my brass tee fitting that was there. I explained that I wanted it really easy with unions to to the tee so I can easily replace this myself. He used PEX-A...
  6. GEWaterSoftenerDude

Recommendations for Navien NFC-250/200H vs Lockinvar with tank (or tankless)?

Thanks for the input. Yeah its a 1" gas line and actually talking to Navien, they said don't do it... it won't handle the requirements. My plumber came back and said the best we can do is the 229K Lockinvar with a sidearm, getting rid of the Weil-McLean. I'm guessing it will be better than...
  7. GEWaterSoftenerDude

Recommendations for Navien NFC-250/200H vs Lockinvar with tank (or tankless)?

Hi, I wanted to get some input on the best setup for heat/water heat for my house. I currently have a 5700 sqft house running an old (almost 40 yo) Monitor Products MZ20-40 (I think 142K BTU) boiler for heat that is starting to leak a little bit. I also have a water tank boiler for hot water...
  8. GEWaterSoftenerDude

Running out of soft water, what to change?

Awesome... I will plug that in... thank you Reach4!
  9. GEWaterSoftenerDude

Its about 6 days between regens. My booklet wants a C of 42 and BF of 8.
  10. GEWaterSoftenerDude

Hi, We recently installed a Fleck 5600SXT 64K water softener and put in some of the parameters advocated here. The water is wonderful, however, it seems to lose its softness a bit early. The wife complains. I had a look at it and it was very close to getting its recharge 32 gallons were...
  11. GEWaterSoftenerDude

Fleck 5600 SXT Settings in new house

Perfect... thanks a lot for the recommended settings!
  12. GEWaterSoftenerDude

Thank you @Reach4 for the very quick response. Ok here is the update to your questions... I called the water company and they are claiming it has recently been measured at 17. From their website, max is 22. The measured amounts of water (380) were averages from when we moved in around...
  13. GEWaterSoftenerDude

Howdy, First, thank you to all who have helped me in the past in my old house. You guys gave me some awesome settings and it worked great for the last few years. I just bought a new house and the water was awfully hard. We used a tester and its at 24. So we went ahead and got a Fleck...
  14. GEWaterSoftenerDude

Alternating Soft/Non-Soft Water

Ahhh makes sense. I never thought about slabs. Those are rare in CO...
  15. GEWaterSoftenerDude

I don’t know about exposed. If it’s that much of a hassle then probably not a good idea. I have a main that split off to 2 outside spigots. When I did soft water, we simply t-d off the main before the softener and sent them on their way. The pipes to the spigots are under the floor and...
  16. GEWaterSoftenerDude

Can you not branch off and have the outside lines T-in to the main line before softening? Then you can soften after the T and go on to the rest of the house. I am on well water and thats how I have mine set up. Its really not that hard to do and it may be better than putting in a bypass and...
  17. GEWaterSoftenerDude

Geeking out on Fleck 5600SXT settings

Great...thank you so much for your response and numbers... I will give this a shot! One last question...I noticed the wash/rinse went to 5 minutes. My manual says if you lower it, it could affect the life of the resin. Is 5 going to be a problem?
  18. GEWaterSoftenerDude

Also, I have 100lbs of salt (2 40lb bags + 1 20lb bag) in the tank and the water fills to just below or at the salt level, or about 12 inches. Does that seem correct or is it too much? The brine certainly empties during BD, but it seems to fill up a bit more than I expected. Based on my...
  19. GEWaterSoftenerDude

Hi, I just got rid of an old GE water softener from a big box store that lasted me 20 years. I did some investigating and decided to get something that will last me without the major maintenance the GE one did. I came to the conclusion that the Fleck 5600SXT was the right one to get. I have...
  20. GEWaterSoftenerDude

GE GXSF39 drain line dripping leak

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I made a mistake getting the big box stuff :-(. But I’m glad it made 20 years. I’m taking your implied advice. I have a Fleck 5600SXT coming tomorrow to replace it. I read those have good life. Might as well put some money into something that will last!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks