Search results

1. LDX

How on earth do I remove this faucet?

Thanks for all the support folks! I took a closer look and it seemed like the faucet was salvagable. Replaced both cartridges and the T & Hose assembly. When I looked at the rubber seal in the T it was all busted up. I wonder if these American Standard T seals are prone to failure because I...
  2. LDX

I think I am immobilizing #8 when I jam something between it and the sink correct? #11 would still not likely turn along with #8???? But I do see what you mean by turning the top Chome ring #10 instead. Will try but I have a feeling it's far too slippery to grab unless I am 100% sure I am going...
  3. LDX

Most likely will be a replacement. When you say "stick a screw driver in it and it hit the side of the sink" don't you mean #8 which I assume runs all the way down to the part that has two supply line connections. I think I sort of did what you said when I was originally trying to tighten the...
  4. LDX

It’s the #11 lock but that I cannot turn off. Mine doesn’t have the fins to grip it
  5. LDX

Could it be that I unknowingly twisted the pipe underneath the hot side and caused it to become recessed? If it grabbed the pipe underneath with a vice grip or something and twisted it clockwise (looking up from under the sink) then would it cause this recessed part to go back up? Hopefully I...
  6. LDX

I don't have the tool. The faucets came with the house. Any suggestions on how I might remove it? Is there any kind of tool designed to remove a 32/33mm nut vertically. I see there are those plastic grip vertical tools but I don't know if any are intended to remove a 32mm nut
  7. LDX

For most of you this will be a silly simplistic question, but I just can't figure it out. Hope you can assist. I have an American Standard Hampton 2 handle wide spread bathroom faucet. It's about 20 years old. I am trying to remove it from a pedestal sink. I was able to remove the supply...
  8. LDX

Proper metal connector for washer hose brass vs stainless

Since Floodchek appears to be out of business so maybe the market for top quality washer hoses isn't there. I would have thought people would be more than happen to spend $10-20 more for a set of hoses to avoid the damage. Insurance companies, particularly for high rise condos, should devise a...
  9. LDX

Upon closer examination, looks like the silver connectors are actually chrome plated brass. So looks like the choice is brass chrome plated or not. I would think both would work.
  10. LDX

Hello, Hope someone can assist. I am replacing my washer and dryer including the hoses. Have to connect two 6' hoses to supply water for my steam dryer too. Bought two sets of the (apparently) best stainless braid coated with pvc hoses I could find...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks