Search results

1. Richard D White

Buried pressure tank question

I guess that make sense. Without a bladder to push water out it would not get exchanged.
  2. Richard D White

Just out of curiosity. Since the old tank has a removable bladder. Could I pull the bladder, reseal the top and just use it as additional storage?
  3. Richard D White

Appreciate everyone's help. Everything is installed and working. Hopefully this solves my freezing problem. I have yet to ever have a pipe freeze under the house. Just have to wait until spring to pull the old tank out of the ground. It is still functional so it's kind of nice to have double...
  4. Richard D White

Verify pressure tank size

Can someone educate me on tank lingo? Some tanks have a drawdown gallon which I assume is the amount of water before the pump kicks on. I got a water worker tank and it only has "gallon equivalent " so my 44 gallon tank says 120 gallon equivalent. I'm confused.
  5. Richard D White

Pressure switch wiring?

Feel kind of stupid as the control box is mounted next to the meter box on the pole. Not sure of the model as its unreadable. The receipt just says Goulds 1.5 hp control box. Here is a pic
  6. Richard D White

Pressure switch wiring?

Yes it Has a 2 pole breaker
  7. Richard D White

Pressure switch wiring?

Looking at the receipts for the installation it lists a 1.5 hp Gould's pump and control box. Not sure where the box is located.
  8. Richard D White

Pressure switch wiring?

Pretty sure it's a 240v pump
  9. Richard D White

Yes there is a shut off to the house. I just forgot to get a spigot so I plugged it for now.
  10. Richard D White

Pressure switch wiring?

Thanks. So I'm guessing based on current wiring that this diagram must be how its wired?
  11. Richard D White

Got the new tank in and plumbed. Kind of a loop design as it's what I had to work with and I didn't want to redesign the entire plumbing routing. Thanks for all the help.
  12. Richard D White

Pressure switch wiring?

I've added a diagram of what is going on as well as a pic of how the current pressure switch is wired. I've got 120v from black to ground, 120v from white to ground and 240 from black to white. There is not a control box that I'm aware of.
  13. Richard D White

Pressure switch wiring?

I mentioned in some of my previous posts that my well was dug long before the house was built. So the well breaker is on the meter box about 100' from the well and the house is another 50' from the well. House ->50' well ->100' to breaker. There is only 1 run of 12/2 cable from the well to the...
  14. Richard D White

Verify pressure tank size

Just want to verify before I buy. My well pumps 7 gal/min. I currently have a 28 gal pressure tank but I am moving the new one under the house. I want to use a 44 gal because they are shorter than the 32. Any issue?
  15. Richard D White

I've got a strange well. I asked on another forum about it and was laughed off the board. I attached a file that explains it. So when the barometer drops it will blow ice cold air out. I actually built a dog house around it with a 2 feett of rock wool on all sides and slid a duct taped sealed...
  16. Richard D White

The freeze point is always at the nipple on pitless adapter. Usually only takes about 2 minutes with a hair dryer to thaw. The adapter has never froze. It's just a pain to un cap the well and do it. Plus the way it's set up the switch is a good 30' from the tank which cant be good.
  17. Richard D White

Awesome, thank you. I will likely have a well guy come at some point and pull the pump up and plug the nipple that goes to the 1/4" pressure line but I dont want to monkey with it in 0 degree weather now. For now I'll just leave everything hooked up and disconnect the old pressure switch to run...
  18. Richard D White

Thanks for the info. Realizing that the old tank will have to be disconnected at some point, right now it is still functioning properly. Any harm in leaving it until spring.
  19. Richard D White

The PO of my home had a well installed long before he built the house. The spin fiberglass pressure tank is buried next to the well head. He always had trouble with the switch freezing so when the house was built he ran a 1/4" line from a nipple on the pitless adapter into the crawlspace and put...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks