Search results

1. ncgeo

Rheem Proterra Operating Modes

Trying to understand the difference in the operating modes, namely Energy Saver and Heat Pump. ES is said to have the highest efficiency, more than HP only, how can that be? My observation, having worked in the proximity of a recently-installed heater for a full day, is when in ES mode the...
  2. ncgeo

Watts PRV

Curious as to the differences on Watts PRVs for residential ... N45, N55, 25AUB. Not finding any differences in website info.
  3. ncgeo

Open Loop Geo + Irrigation with CSV(s)

I also posted this on the cyclestopvalve.com forum ... Any thoughts? I saw on some other threads using a second CSV and booster pump for occasional higher pressure usage on a mostly low-pressure open-loop geothermal heat pump application. Is there any way to do this without the booster pump...
  4. ncgeo

Stuck pump, any way to cut the pipe above the pump?

I'm trying to remove my submersible pump from a partially-uncased well but not having much luck. I was able to raise it about 3 feet with some strong backs, but no further and it won't drop back down. Also the pipe/pump won't turn in the bore hole so is probably not the torque arrestor...
  5. ncgeo

Current draw on 3/4 HP pump?

I have a 3/4 HP-12 GPM 230 Volt 2-wire Myers Predator pump running against approximately 150 ft of head. I'm reading approximately 6 amps current draw with my clamp-on. Does this sound right? Someone had mentioned a while ago on another forum that this seems high, noting that 1 HP is about 750W.
  6. ncgeo

CSVs good or bad?

It seems the general consensus of those posting on this forum is that Cycle Stop Valves are the greatest thing for a pump. Well, if you want to see some counterpoints look in http://forum.geoexchange.org/geothermal-geoexchange-forums/general-discussions/ You will find just the opposite...
  7. ncgeo

Amtrol R Digital Pressure Controller

Anyone have any experience with this digital pressure controller, good, bad, or otherwise? Would seem to be well suited for a CSV setup so you could shrink the pump operating pressure range.
  8. ncgeo

Pitless adapters in NC?

Does anyone know why pitless adapters are not used on wells in the Piedmont (charlotte area) of NC? I've had 2 different drillers tell me they are not allowed. Doesn't make sense; it was 12 degrees here last night so is hardly a frost-free climate. Maybe they want to keep those fake-rock...
  9. ncgeo

Q on CSV operation

I have an 86 gal bladder tank on my well eqipped with a 3/4 HP 12 GPM Meyers Predator pump, set at about 32/52 psi cut-in/cut out pressure. The well is used to operate my geothermal heat pumps only with maximum flow of 9 GPM. The drawdown on the tank is about 25 gal at those pressures, and...
  10. ncgeo

Stuck well pump

I have a 6 month old well, 6" diameter, 145' deep, drilled into bedrock with maybe 40' of PVC casing which is pretty typical here in the Piedmont of NC. The submersible pump is set about 100' down on 1" 160# PE pipe. There is a torque arrestor installed above it, and I recall it was a bit of a...
  11. ncgeo

Stuck well pump

I have a 6 month old well, 6" diameter, 145' deep, drilled into bedrock with maybe 40' of casing which is pretty typical here in the Piedmont of NC. The submersible pump is set about 100' down on 1" 160# PE pipe. There is a torque arrestor installed above it, and I recall it was a bit of a...
  12. ncgeo

Low-profile tub drain?

Is there some type of low-profile tub drain assembly available so I can avoid relocating an I-joist in the floor for clearance? This is for a Jacuzzi Espree corner whirlpool tub. I have ideas of cutting out the subfloor only (gaining 3/4") and raising the tub an inch but that still may not...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks