Search results

1. MikeGA

Check Layout for Basement Bathroom Rough In

Curious if this violates any codes and would pass inspection.
  2. MikeGA

Suggestions Needed! Ripping off completely and restarting!!!

I think the picture says it all, I want to rip this apart completely if needed, suggestions needed on what to do, I really don't know all the rules around venting. What has to be dry vented what can be wet vented. Besides the venting are there any other obvious code issues here. Is there...
  3. MikeGA

Before I glue everything together...is a 90 Elbow below grade acceptable for a dry vent?

Title says it all... I've always assumed that only 45s can be used below ground for venting. Can I use this street 90 that will tie into a dry vent going straight to through the roof?
  4. MikeGA

Help! How to offset washing machine tailpipe?

There is an existing 2 inch copper drain & vent for the original washer machine. I have a washing machine box with drain in the middle. When I installed a 2-in trap it butts up against the stud and there's an offset with the washing machine tail piece and the p-trap. My question is can I...
  5. MikeGA

DWV Riser Diagram Review for Basement Bathroom + Laundry

I'm hoping this is in the right section. I'm building a full 3 piece bathroom in the basement next to the existing laundry room and I mocked up a riser diagram. I'm hoping some experts can weigh in on my mockup and see what recommendations there are or what I need to change. I laid out 2...
  6. MikeGA

Help! Debris in Plumbing...what to do?!?

I purchased a property a year ago and it has been abandoned for 12 years. I installed brand new PEX throughout the whole house connecting straight from the main water. However, there is one portion that was not accessible because it sits next to the garage but there's no basement access so there...
  7. MikeGA

Requesting Feedback on Shower Liner Install

This is the first time I've installed a shower liner. I've seen a few videos online and everybody seems to have their own technique. I took some pictures and I'm curious as to what the pros who have done this many times before think. I'll take all feedback because I'd rather rip it apart and...
  8. MikeGA

Help! Stripped Cast Iron Thread on Shower Drain

I'm removed the concrete shower pan from a 1960 shower. As I was removing the drain, it's just kept turning and not coming off. Any ideas on how to remove the drain so that I can also preserve it? I want to install a new type of shower pan.
  9. MikeGA

Mortar Bed Bathtub Or Not...?

I'm going to be installing an American Standard whirlpool tub (link to product below). I've installed acrylic tubs in the past with no mortar bed. I've ensured that it was level on all sides and screwed them directly to the studs and have not had an issue. However, everything that I've read...
  10. MikeGA

Reverse Osmosis Saddle Drain on Brass (pic attached)

I'm going to be installing a reverse osmosis system in my sisters apartment. I've done this twice before on my house having PVC pipe and easily drilling a 1/4" hole and installing a saddle valve. However, she lives in an apartment building and PVC is not allowed, thus the brass drains. Any...
  11. MikeGA

Are My Drains and Vents Correct?

I redid my entire DWV system in the house. Three and a half bathrooms one kitchen and a laundry room. I have been doing plumbing for quite a while but this is the first time I undertook such a large project myself. I'm curious as to if my fittings are the correct ones. I'm asking because I...
  12. MikeGA

Gas Line Won't Hold Pressure, But Can't Find Gas Pipe

I'm hoping some intelligent, experienced people can help me out here. Long time reader, first time poster. I recently repiped all the gas lines in my house with black steel. While I am not a professional plumber by trade my father is a retired master HVAC technician and master plumber for 40...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks