Search results

1. MikeGA

Check Layout for Basement Bathroom Rough In

OK, so basically, its just a code thing...theoretically, from a DWV perspective, it should work. I can also get it inspected and see if the inspector will pass me on it.
  2. MikeGA

One other thing for clarification...not sure if it makes a difference, but the washer and dryer will NOT be located here. The left stub out will be used for a slop sink? Wondering whats the difference when you mention that the stub out will work for a lavatory, but not for a laundry sink.
  3. MikeGA

Hi Wayne, I ripped everything off and restarted taking your recommendations. A few things: 1. The left hand wall stub out is for a standard 24" laundry sink. Using my layout, what would fix this issue? 2. You are correct, my goal was to wet vent the shower and the WC. The right hand wall...
  4. MikeGA

Curious if this violates any codes and would pass inspection.
  5. MikeGA

Suggestions Needed! Ripping off completely and restarting!!!

Ok...new question...can remove all wyes and then create a single vent from the bath sink that ties into an existing 2" dry vent? Will that take care of the toilet, shower, and laundry sink vent?
  6. MikeGA

Suggestions Needed! Ripping off completely and restarting!!!

I think the picture says it all, I want to rip this apart completely if needed, suggestions needed on what to do, I really don't know all the rules around venting. What has to be dry vented what can be wet vented. Besides the venting are there any other obvious code issues here. Is there...
  7. MikeGA

Before I glue everything together...is a 90 Elbow below grade acceptable for a dry vent?

Black Circle =Closet flange for toilet (12.5” off stud & 15” off end of shower pan) 4" Main Drain = This isn't a vent that goes through the roof, it ties into the toilet from upstairs, which has a separate dry vent that I will tie into.
  8. MikeGA

Before I glue everything together...is a 90 Elbow below grade acceptable for a dry vent?

I don't understand how I accomplished that, if I need to angle it somehow.
  9. MikeGA

Title says it all... I've always assumed that only 45s can be used below ground for venting. Can I use this street 90 that will tie into a dry vent going straight to through the roof?
  10. MikeGA

Help! How to offset washing machine tailpipe?

I was curious if this would be considered an S Trap or cause venting issues
  11. MikeGA

Help! How to offset washing machine tailpipe?

There is an existing 2 inch copper drain & vent for the original washer machine. I have a washing machine box with drain in the middle. When I installed a 2-in trap it butts up against the stud and there's an offset with the washing machine tail piece and the p-trap. My question is can I...
  12. MikeGA

DWV Riser Diagram Review for Basement Bathroom + Laundry

Alright...I think I got it now. I've got all fixtures going directly to a dry vent. Will this work?
  13. MikeGA

Sorry...but another question :) On your diagram, it shows a 4" wye branching to a 3" (to the left) and a 2" (to the right). Do they make such a wye?
  14. MikeGA

Is one way to accomplish the vent for shower by adding a Wye before the p trap and having the wye tie into the dry vent?
  15. MikeGA

Thanks Wayne, I'll answer each of your points. Yes. The 2" vent shown above the lav is a dedicated vent that goes straight through the roof, no drainage there. Yes. The sink on the left is a laundry sink. It's not shown properly, but its a 2" p-trap which then goes through the wall and ties...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks