Search results

1. Mark Mathe

Direct Vents through side wall

Hey all, To prevent having to make more roof penetrations, I am considering venting my direct vent gas furnace and water heater, using concentric vents, through the sidewall on the back porch of my new barndominium. I have attached a picture showing the proposed locations of the vents. I also...
  2. Mark Mathe

Is it OK to run PEX thru attic?

I am currently designing a post-frame home and am wondering if it is safe, and will meet code, to run PEX through the attic to the different bathrooms? All exterior walls and bottom side of roof will be sprayed with 2" of closed cell foam insulation. The PEX, full lengths with no connections...
  3. Mark Mathe

Will this pass inspection?

Here's a view from the other side
  4. Mark Mathe

How about this? The tub ties in before toilet. The trap arm to the tub is 2' 6".
  5. Mark Mathe

Here is a different view of the 3d rendering that is much easier to understand with a few changes. I think I have it the way it needs to be, but I would really like feed back as we will be preparing for slab in the very near future.
  6. Mark Mathe

So just upsizing the 2" from the 3x3x3 wye leaving the house to where the washer drain connects should solve the problem?
  7. Mark Mathe

If anyone can make heads or tails of this, is there anything I left out, or should do different. This is a rendering of the entire drain, waste, vent for the home I will be building.
  8. Mark Mathe

Turbocad Deluxe 2019. I love playing with it. I am currently modeling the entire post frame home we're going to build.
  9. Mark Mathe

Thanks for the reply John, One concern I have is the vent for the tub has a 6" long horizontal run over to the vent in the wall. Does this hve to connect to the tub branch with a wye, like shown, or can a saniary tee be used turned to a 45 degree angle with a 1/8 bend to go up into the wall? Or...
  10. Mark Mathe

I am designing the plumbing for a guest bath in a new post frame home. I have attached a 3D rendering of the plumbing and want to know if there is any thing I need to do different. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks