Search results

1. Nowell Dunwell

How do you secure conduit to steel well casing?

Extended a (5" ID / 5.563" OD) steel well casing to around 2' above grade, and extended the 3/4" conduit for the wiring which now needs a clean anchoring method to keep it stable against the casing. While the dirt and cap keep the conduit straight, want 1 or 2 clamps to secure it snugly to the...
  2. Nowell Dunwell

Ways to add pressure cut-off to well pump?

Have a well pump and slab house. Kinda worried that if something ever ruptured or broke, and wasn't caught immediately, it'd flood the house. Well first flood HVAC floor vents until they filled up the entire system then flood the house. Have insurance, but would rather avoid the potential issue...
  3. Nowell Dunwell

Heavy water pipe condensation using outside spigot?

Have a private well and a slab foundation on block. No crawl space. Water line "T's" off under/in the slab as far as I can tell. From there, one branch pops up through the slab floor, and is the main cold water feed for the house, and goes immediately to a valve, and feeds pressure tank and can...
  4. Nowell Dunwell

Extending well casing, need advice

Well casing is cast iron (or is it steel?), about 4-5 feet below grade and stops. Previous owner (guy was here 40 something years and touched every, SINGLE, INCH of the property, inside and out, to my detriment) apparently used some type of 6" rubber coupler with stainless clamps and silicone...
  5. Nowell Dunwell

Rope tied to pitless adapter?

Pitless has a rope tied through a small eyelet on the side. Can't tell if this is an actual release lever it's tied to or if it's a "safety" rope? Tried a 2x4 and wrapped the rope around it, then put a corner on the ground and pushed up from other end, wouldn't move. Then put the hook hole on...
  6. Nowell Dunwell

Rewiring the kitchen, bring popcorn w/ advice

I bought a house and the previous owner "rewired" some things over what I think was several decades, and the house saw several "updates" which significantly changed the original design. Husband and wife were deaf, so he cobbled in a flashing light system throughout the house that took forever to...
  7. Nowell Dunwell

Older septic system getting Polylok Baffle PL-68

I have an older concrete Jet septic system, that apparently has no pump and drains as the fluid level requires. It does have an aerator in the main chamber, and filter chamber had this giant, trash can sized filter that was damaged. Going to replace it with PL-68 which I already have. Still...
  8. Nowell Dunwell

Any idea what a "BP-65" is?

It's the model number on the gray/black stand up on the left. Has a manual rotating timer that can run by itself. Has the main bypass valve built in on the back along with a disconnect. Tank for salt is waiting to be reconnected (had to gut the closet everything was in as the original lay out...
  9. Nowell Dunwell

Pump psi drops from 45 to 20 instantly

Bought a house with a well, that's 150' deep, about 50' from the house. House is on a slab and has been "remodeled" numerous times by questionable means and I'm now redoing everything. From what I can tell, the main water pipe that comes from the well, T's off somewhere UNDER the slab. One end...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks