Search results

1. KULTULZ

Legal Kitchen Sink Drain?

Gentlemen, I recently re-plumbed a neighbor's kitchen sink drain (dual sink-disposal) and am now wondering if the layout constitutes an S-TRAP? And can the S-TRAP be explained as I cannot pull it out (understand) from tech materials? Again, Thanx For Sharing Your Knowledge
  2. KULTULZ

Firewall Outlet Box Placement(s)

I am doing a condo kitchen remodel and replacing an existing firewall (5/8" fire rated drywall on wooden studs). Code says that the outlet boxes must have no more than a 1/8" air gap between the box and drywall cutout and this air gap is to be fire caulked. Now, does the box have to extend...
  3. KULTULZ

Confused By Diverter Valve Instructions

I had previously bought an American Std Two Handle Shower Only Faucet Set along with a Two Way In Wall Diverter- 1660.440- to transition from overhead shower head to an in wall hand held shower. The diverter has two outlets and one is marked as bathtub and instructions indicating more flow for...
  4. KULTULZ

Bath/Shower Luminaires

I need a Philadelphia lawyer to explain to me if it is permissable to mount a surface mount damp location rated luminaire over a tub/shower stall (8' ceiling) GFIC protected? Does the fixture (glass lens- metal retaining ring, not sure if isolated from fixture itself) need to be DAMP RATED...
  5. KULTULZ

Kitchen otr micro wave

I am wanting to mount an over-the-range microwave to the underside of a cabinet that I will be installing about six inches from the wall surface (this cabinet will stand out from the rest- all 12" deep- but MW will still be against wall). I have a 20A dedicated feed going to it but what is...
  6. KULTULZ

Sink Wet Wall Drain(s)

I am working on a three story condo and have found poor plumbing in a wet wall. It consist(s) of a 2" and 1 1/2" vertical stack (one must be a vent as I can hear drainage in either) with another 1 1/2" pipe to the kitchen sink. The 2" has a clean out. The clean out had no access panel and I wish...
  7. KULTULZ

Clean-Out Location

I have a 3" waste stack in a water wall between the kitchen and bathroom. I have decided to cabinet the kitchen wall that the clean-out covers points to. If I put an access cover into that one cabinet floor (the actual cabinet could be stripped to allow access (24D" X 24"W base cabinet)...
  8. KULTULZ

Coupling PVC and Hubless Iron DWV

I have to replace/reroute a vertical waste (3" hubless iron) stack (3 story condo) as the origional builder did not route it properly (or support it properly) taking needed space in the wet wall (want to install recessed cabinet in that position. It is SCH 40 PCV in the slab with PVC...
  9. KULTULZ

Fire Rated Ceiling- Condo

I am remodeling a condo (daughter's) with a fire rated ceiling (Type X fire rated drywall hung on metal channels-sound suppression) with protruding fire sprinkler heads. I have opened a ceiling and after studying the system, am thinking about going to QuietRock over the channel system. The...
  10. KULTULZ

Recessed Lighting And Fire Rated Ceiling

Gentlemen, I wish to install recessed lighting in a fire rated ceiling. I have viewed the TENMAT covers and sheet metal fire boxes but they are not exactly what I need due to space availability. Where can one find the intumescent sheet material to make one's own firebox? Gary
  11. KULTULZ

Odd Size Toilet Flange

I have a neighbor that has a toilet set on the basement slab. The house was built in 1952. The flange is somewhat deterioated and the openings for the closet bolt(s) are corroded leaving me to think they will not give a good hold. The slab has also been tiled and the installer did not raise...
  12. KULTULZ

CPCV Supply And Lamp Heat

Is there a practical guide or code that recommends/states how close CPCV can be placed to recessed lighting? This is in an overhead installation and the lamps will be IC. Again, thank you. Gary
  13. KULTULZ

In Trouble Again

I am in the process of remodeling my daughter's condo and have to move some electric. It has a fire rated ceiling (two levels or tiers) and the wiring was run through the ceiling room to room. Is it permissable (to keep from tearing into the ceiling) to re-route some wiring through the...
  14. KULTULZ

Decorative Toilet

Gentlemen, Due to poor builder carpentry skills, I am limited to a 10in rough-in toilet. I have found no source of a decorative toilet as offered by American Std or Kohler, only very basic appearing models. Is there a source? Also, offset flanges. Most references I have read from...
  15. KULTULZ

Light And Fan Switch In Bath

Gentlemen, I am confused (as usual). If one puts these mentioned switches at the sink (entry door opening), does that circuit(s) need to be GFCI protected (I believe the fan cannot be on a GFIC), or are they even allowed to be placed this close to water? Gary
  16. KULTULZ

Hot Water Heater

What causes hot water loss in a shower say when another hot water valve in the house is opened? Is there a way to plumb to cause even distribution in the system? BTW- It is a fairly new 50GAL GE. FREEZING IN MARYLAND-
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks