Search results

1. Graystone

Toto's new wall hung toilets: AP, MH, RP, EP - Feedback and Reviews

The tornado flush mechanism is what was introduced with the 1.28 GPF models.
  2. Graystone

They told you that Geberit wall carriers were incompatible with Toto toilets (and visa versa) across the board? That does not make sense, given that Geberit carriers have been around and used for many years for Toto toilets. Toto only started making carriers in recent years, and they were not...
  3. Graystone

My discussion with both companies was that it would make no difference which brand carrier you use. You just want to make sure they are rated for the same GPM.
  4. Graystone

Yes, the benefits of in wall tanks/suspended toilets are plentiful. Have you installed some of these newer Toto toilet models that you recommend, or are you just commenting generally on wall hung toilets like the Aquia?
  5. Graystone

Got it. Would you say the water spots are sufficient? I assume the 1.28 bowls will have a much smaller water spot, but hopefully someone can shed some light on that. I imagine you are right. It is strange how the two companies have different feedback on whether a 1.6 carrier tank can be paired...
  6. Graystone

Good to hear. That would be great to see some non Toto produced video. Hopefully switching all of the wall hung toilets over to the Tornado flush system means it works better than previously. It would be great to hear some feedback from the field on these new toilets. Particularly on the water...
  7. Graystone

The post has been updated based on my conversation with Toto. The rep I spoke with had to look up some of these toilets because they were new to him. It appears that Toto is going over to all Dynamax Tornado Flush on these toilets, and including the Cefiontect (ceramic glaze) on most of them...
  8. Graystone

I am looking at wall hung toilet options and have seen the Aquia get a lot of praise and reviews online. Toto has newer wall hung models, all now at 1.28 GPF vs the 1.6 GPF of the Aquia (and Maris). I have found very little (actually, no) detailed reviews online that compare them to the Aquia in...
  9. Graystone

Water softener vs whole house filtration + softener?

Wow, that's a lot of sediment. I presume that's not a municipal water supply? I could see how that would really gum up a filter or a tankless heat exchanger.
  10. Graystone

I did not mean to imply that a manufacturer implied the salt free systems produce water similar to RO. Rather, I hear claims that the water is scale and streak free, and tastes very clean. You mentioned that these systems are impressive in certain situations. Which are those? I'm open to...
  11. Graystone

I'm trying to determine the answer to your question. I would assume a sediment filter would be the first step in the process if it is involved, and then GAC and then softener? I'm not sure what is best practice. I like the idea of drinking water that's been treated post salt exchange, but maybe...
  12. Graystone

If this is the wrong way to go about asking this question, please let me know and I will revise. Thanks in advance.
  13. Graystone

I'm having all of the plumbing replaced in my complete gut job remodel of my house, and I would like to treat the city district water coming in so that I have less hard water spots on glass and fixtures, and prolong the life of the PEX plumbing, etc. Before the remodel, I had an RO system under...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks