Search results

1. John Manganaro

Shallow well foot pump broken?

You guys are the best. I just got home with some shaving cream. I found a super tiny leak between the pump and the well. It is amazing a pinhole leak can stop a vacuum. This saves me such a huge amount of time and energy. I thought I was gonna have to pull up the pipe. I don’t even think I need...
  2. John Manganaro

Yeah the pump goes right to the ground, there is no teasing. That is music to my ears because that means I don’t have to lift the pipe up. So it looks like it’s a bad check valve or a week somewhere in the piping
  3. John Manganaro

When I get home in a half an hour I will check my reading. I think I got my millimeters of mercury and pounds per square inch mixed up. I hired a well guy who put in my set up five years ago. I am assuming he knew what he was doing, so if there is a check valve at the pump maybe there is no need...
  4. John Manganaro

Interesting, OK. Is there no need for a foot valve with a shallow well? If my check valve is the problem, does that mean that water is leaking from the check valve back down into the pipe? My other question is why is it taking so long for the pump to pull the vacuum and drag the water all the...
  5. John Manganaro

Ok guys, new problem. So I’ve been combing though the forum before posting to see if I could find my answer. Situation: I have a 3/4 shallow well jet pump that I use for lawn irrigation (see picture) that for the last year or so has intermittently cycled even without any lawn valves open. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks