Search results

1. JoeThomas

Sump Pump Check Valve on Washing Laundry Machine

Thanks ! In the picture, each washing machine has its own back hose and own check valve, so not sure if second paragraph can occur.
  2. JoeThomas

how about the second question here? Thanks ! "does it make dirt/waste come back into the washing machine itself, and dirty the clothes more. I am a resident and curious about this." I am a resident and curious about this. I was telling my apartment manager to look into this article, about why...
  3. JoeThomas

0 I am a resident and my apartment manager purchased a Everbuilt THD1020 (In-Line Sump Pump Check Valve) , and installed in the back hose of our washing machine. The back hose would leak detergent soap and water. Is it a good practice to install In-Line check valves like this on laundry...
  4. JoeThomas

Fiberglass Bathtub refinishing keeps peeling

My fiberglass bathtub is peeling again, and needs to be refinished again for the third time. It generally happens when temperature wavers between hot and cold I noticed (70 degrees to 40 degrees Farenheit weather within a day). When I step on the bathtub during the cold night, thats when it...
  5. JoeThomas

PVC/Metal Pipe Weight Capacity

a) Just curious what is the weight capacity, if someone were to hang on this DIY ballet barre, before I start making this. b) Additionally, would it be stable or shifty/wobbly?
  6. JoeThomas

PVC/Metal Pipe Weight Capacity

My daughter is in ballet, and we were going to make Do your own (DIY) Ballet Barre. Also my 10 year old son wants to do pull ups (or just hang his weight, he's around 100 pounds). Just curious what is the weight capacity, if someone were to hang on this DIY ballet barre, before I start making...
  7. JoeThomas

Best Light for Reading, Computer Office: Flat Panel or Dome/Global Light

We are thinking of installing new ceiling lights, in Standard 10 feet ceiling. We originally have 4 inch diameter light in the hallway. My son would keep the door open to prevent getting hot, however this hallway light was hitting the side, peripheral of his eye, very small and lot of light...
  8. JoeThomas

Shower Tub Spout Diverter Keeps breaking

I figured out. Apparently I had a shower diverter from the 1980 and 1990s. Those ones were durable/strong enough to pushed down While the Water is running. The newer shower diverters are cheaply made, and do Not allow this method. In the new shower diverters, water must be stopped First, before...
  9. JoeThomas

Shower Diverter keeps breaking

I figured out. Apparently I had a shower diverter from the 1980 and 1990s. Those ones were durable/strong enough to pushed down While the Water is running. The newer shower diverters are cheaply made, and do Not allow this method. In the new shower diverters, water must be stopped First...
  10. JoeThomas

Shower Arm Leak question

tested shower for few seconds, however, it can easily drip water in there
  11. JoeThomas

Shower Arm Leak question

We are installing a new shower arm, and kept the Old Shower Arm plate, since it was larger and covered the original shower hole wall. However the new shower arm is smaller radius, so I see a noticeable gap in the internal hole (green box). It isn't as snug as previous. The picture quality isn't...
  12. JoeThomas

Moen Tub Spout Installation with cracks between Ring and Spout

I just installed a new Moen Tub Spout 179101. When installing it, you see a white portion with caulking. Everytime I press down on the spout lightly, I can see the spout separate, and see hole edges between the ring and spout (see green box). Is this the way, Moen Tub spout is supposed to be...
  13. JoeThomas

thanks all for the reply, yeah, just learned that, the shower spout diverter Will work, if I first pull the diverter up, and Then turn on the water, so run the shower in reverse, don't understand; our shower pressure is 55, will review other the suggestions in this post,
  14. JoeThomas

Cracks, holes shower near tub spout

I have an old 1980s shower, it has a flexible shower wall. Recently when I pull the tub spout Shower diverter up or push against the wall, I see cracks and holes appear. I tried replacing the bathtub spout multiple times, and retried Caulking Numerous occasions. It keeps showing holes/cracks...
  15. JoeThomas

I placed picture above, behind it is a brick wall, so probably need to do work, if needed at front just adding more information , I have an all Metal Spout, its a Copper Pipe, I Rotate it to pull the spout out,
  16. JoeThomas

I have a Shower Diverter that keeps breaking. Last one, I had for 10 years, and it got stuck, or sprays water between the Shower head and faucet. So plumbers replaced it, 2 more in fact, and the same issue. I promise I am not pulling the shower head hard, never broke this many shower diverters...
  17. JoeThomas

Tub Spout Installed slightly rotated

I just rotated back straight, Should I recaulk it up, and not use spout for a day? I only rotated around 15 degrees. Thanks,
  18. JoeThomas

Tub Spout Installed slightly rotated

Our plumber installed a Tub Spout slightly rotated 10-15% degree angle to its left, like a globe. Curious if there is any reasons plumbers have any installation reasons do that, I will just rotate back myself. One time, I had a plumber install a bathroom sink 10% slanted in the xy plane, due to...
  19. JoeThomas

Can Removing Shower Head Restrictor affect Diverter?

I live in California, I removed the water restrictor in my shower head, because the standards are too low here. Does removing the restrictor affect the shower diverter or anything else? My Shower Diverter keeps getting stuck even after couple spout replacement, where water goes to Both the Tub...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks