Search results

1. Tim Beck

Pressure drop with tankless water heater

Regarding the issue stated earlier about excessive pressure drop in the gas line; Nominal size of gas pipe is only half the battle. Simply ensuring that a water heater is supplied by 1" black pipe may not be sufficient. The longer a run of pipe is, the less it can flow. I don't recall the...
  2. Tim Beck

Tankless water heater, water smell

I get what you're saying, and it may be working well in this particular circumstance. But, the flow will not be balanced through all hot runs. It's essentially creating several parallel water lines that likely won't flow equally. The runs with the shortest length and fewest elbows will have the...
  3. Tim Beck

Decibel rating from AO Smith/Rheem/Takagi Tankless

You may want to look into the warranty for the A.O. Smith, if warranties are important to you. When shopping for an indoor model, I was about to purchase one from A.O. until I read their warranty policy and learned that warranty was voided without a professional installation.
  4. Tim Beck

Decibel rating from AO Smith/Rheem/Takagi Tankless

As Dana stated, I can't give you any specifications, but my Rheem is quiet. It's in the basement and I cannot hear it from anywhere else in the house. My furnace and fridge are far louder.
  5. Tim Beck

Tankless water heater, water smell

Two things: I recently installed a 199k Rheem with recirculation utilizing pex, and I, too, have noticed an unpleasant odor from the water. It seems to be coming from both hot and cold lines, in my situation. I recall that one type of pex (whether pex-a or pex-b escapes my memory) is worse than...
  6. Tim Beck

Irrigation Pump

How would I go about diagnosing these issues?
  7. Tim Beck

Irrigation Pump

It just seemed like a low flow of water for a 5/8" garden hose, compared to the spigot on my previous home. That house had a four or five inch well with a submersible pump, for what it is worth. When I get home tonight I will experiment with limiting flow by only slightly cracking open a valve...
  8. Tim Beck

Irrigation Pump

It kicks on immediately and remains on the whole time. It does the same when the irrigation activates. I will check again tonight, but I believe the pressure was remaining steady at around 25 psi with little fluctuation.
  9. Tim Beck

Irrigation Pump

What are typical pressures for well pumps? I'll have to double check when I get home, but I think I remember the pump only building about 25 psi. I was filling my pool with a garden hose plumbed the to pump, and it did not have much pressure, even with the spigot fully open.
  10. Tim Beck

Irrigation Pump

Thanks, that's a great aid.
  11. Tim Beck

Irrigation Pump

That's good info. I've never seen a setup quite like that before. All my well water homes had a buried pump that supplied a tank, which then fed a softener before branching off to water heater, etc.
  12. Tim Beck

Irrigation Pump

You are right, it's ferrous. In the light, it looked like tarnished copper. I thought that was just a coupling. How do they function? Is it a spring-loaded check valve?
  13. Tim Beck

Irrigation Pump

What is the purpose of the blue water tank? It has to only one fitting, rather than an inlet and outlet, and it is plumbed into the output line of the pump. Is it simply to act as a cushion so the pump doesn't kick on and off at the slightest change in pressure? I have noticed that the pump will...
  14. Tim Beck

Irrigation Pump

That makes sense. I've never heard of wells with above ground pumps, though but I'm not very knowledgeable about plumbing.
  15. Tim Beck

Irrigation Pump

Incoming city water main: Sprinkler pump and motor:
  16. Tim Beck

Irrigation Pump

I just purchased a home with an in-ground irrigation system. I noticed an unusual plumbing setup and can't make much sense of it. The water main (city water) enters the basement below ground on the north side, and I can follow the copper pipes to a spigot outside the north wall. On the south...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks