Search results

1. smo0thie

Strange pressure loss over Fleck 5600 SXT & SS bypass

Thanks for the input. I’m not ruling this out as a problem and will dump out the media to investigate further. Maybe the normal RR pressure drop through the valve plus the media clump combined is causing the whole problem. With the piston in a different position, I would expect increased...
  2. smo0thie

True. I was forgetting about that. From what I can tell in the diagram, the connection between the drain and outlet (house) is present by design internally in the valve during RR. I will order new spacers and seals to see what happens. Any benefit to swapping the piston to the black “filter...
  3. smo0thie

I don’t see how the back pressure could change through the media with the same flow direction. Remember, flow was actually reversed during RR, with the only pressure being created to rinse coming from the house, as it was draining from the house (until today). The pump would shut-off and the...
  4. smo0thie

I should have mentioned that prior to pulling the valve today I ran it through a BW cycle and got slightly better results. Pressures and flow were the same during the BW stage, but during RR instead of going to zero, it held at 10psi, and measured drain line flow was about 1.5gpm. The pump was...
  5. smo0thie

I do not have either of those in hand. I used Oatey silicon grease. Would this cause any issues? I will try those setting now.
  6. smo0thie

That’s possible that it could have been present but unnoticed. There is air getting into the system somehow now so there’s no missing it the morning after a BW. the system holds pressure very well when in service mode, and there’s no leaks, except for perhaps some very minor leaks. There is no...
  7. smo0thie

I have three gauges at the well. One on the well head before the CSV, one after the CSV and before the filter, and one after the filter (the one I’m calling house pressure). I’m getting a 27psi drop (53psi before and 26psi after) during backwash. From what I read, this is normal and so I’m not...
  8. smo0thie

During backwash the pressure before the CSV is 135psi and after is 53psi. During rapid rinse the pressure before the CSV is 170psi and after will rise to 70psi and will be shut off by the pressure switch.
  9. smo0thie

Not exactly. During backwash I am getting great flow out the drain line. At least 7gpm. I removed the 6gpm (I previously and incorrectly stated it was a 5gpm button, but looked at it last night and it’ was actually 6gpm) DLFC button so it’s at least flowing the 5600’s max 7gpm. They do make a...
  10. smo0thie

Well I just couldn’t stand it and went down to the well to check. The VT is set to “Fltr”. Was getting my hopes up it would be that easy of a fix, but no luck.
  11. smo0thie

Thanks Reach! Could not find one that clear with a google search. I will double check the VT setting, perhaps that’s the problem. Hmmmm… I could see that placing the piston in an incorrect position if set wrong. I don’t remember changing any settings at anytime, but maybe I was looking in the...
  12. smo0thie

Does anyone have a close up of the 5600 SXT backwash filter only diagrams? I am trying to diagnose what might be the issue before I take it apart. The diagrams I’m seeing in the manual are small and blurry, can’t really see what’s going on.
  13. smo0thie

The blockage I’m referring to is during rapid rinse, when almost no pressure is getting from the inlet of the 5600 to either the drain line or downstream to the house. The incorrect gauge readings were misleading as to what exactly was going on, but the main problem still exists. During rapid...
  14. smo0thie

The first “well head” gauge is installed on a tee right as the drop pipe comes out of the seal. I installed the gauge because I was curious to know what pressures would be reached under low flow conditions with the CSV, as I learned of the new “high-head” pump designs after I bought the pump...
  15. smo0thie

One other thing; I have been trying to find specs on the 3M calcite media for bed depth, backwash flow rates, etc., but can’t. I’m wondering if I should have this tank setup differently than I do. The one spec sheet I keep coming across for calcite (Clack, I believe) shows a bed depth of...
  16. smo0thie

Thank you for that! Don’t know why I didn’t think to do that. I actually have one that I forgot about. It’s a 0-200 psi, but works good enough. Progress! But still not fixed. So I checked the pressures against the garden hose gauge and sure enough, the house-side gauge was way off. What I...
  17. smo0thie

Thanks for your replies. The fleck SS bypass has rubber valve components that, perhaps, could be displaced in a way that is a complete blockage until pressure is >25psi on the pump side of the blockage. When looking through the bypass when in service mode, the rubber appears to be blocking 75%...
  18. smo0thie

About 2 1/2 years ago I brought back a neglected AN upflow filter with a Fleck 5600 SXT BW valve with Fleck SS 1” bypass, new media (tank was empty down to the gravel bed), new riser tube and new diffuser. I set the backwash to run for 10 mins, followed by a 10 min rapid rinse, and set to run...
  19. smo0thie

Swapping jet pump for submersible pump + upgrades

I see now, quite a big difference in pressures. Not sure why they changed the design — the older model has a flatter curve which I like better. Looks like I’ll miss my mark of 14 gpm @ 152’ head, but it’s not by much and doubt it’ll be of any concern. The problem with the thread cutter is I...
  20. smo0thie

Swapping jet pump for submersible pump + upgrades

Thanks for the input guys. Can you school me in this? Looking at the flow chart, the Goulds 10GS07 will produce roughly 310’ of head or 134psi at 1 gpm. Am I missing something? Like I said, I probably should have posted this sooner, before I bought all this stuff. But my reasoning for pump...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks