Search results

1. Oregon Incognito

Not a good well water test

The directions say to use 2X the well water volume. Mine is a 6" well 243' deep with a 25' static water level. They want the calculation at 3 gallons a foot times the well depth. Works out to about 654 gallons. The mix is at 100ppm. The chemical usage is .0015 pounds per gallon, which worked out...
  2. Oregon Incognito

I wanted to post an update on my well water dilemma. I did another test and it was positive again for Coliform. I bought Sterilene and a used food-grade 275-gallon tote. After rinsing the tote several times I premixed 650 gallons(tote filled 3 times) of water with Sterilene and gravity flowed it...
  3. Oregon Incognito

I'll resample the water to make sure I don't have a bad test. Thanks for the info Reach4. Has anyone used the product Sterilene for a high PH well? See attached product file. Thanks, Steve
  4. Oregon Incognito

I just completed a pretty extensive well water test on my well in Turner, Oregon that was drilled in June of 2019. We are not living at the property and have run the pump only a few times since I installed it. Before the test we ran hundreds of gallons through it and shocked it with bleach. Then...
  5. Oregon Incognito

Well liner question

After I installed the pump I air pressure tested it with no water in the system. Basically the air was from the pump check valve through all the piping and couplers to just outside the pitless adapter. The gauge was installed at the pitless adapter outside of the well casing. Would you consider...
  6. Oregon Incognito

Well liner question

I installed the pump last weekend and wired it temporarily yesterday. A little never racking setting a pump for the first time, but everything went great. I put an air pressure gauge on the system at 50PSI and it only went down to 45 in a week. With the pump free-flowing it is producing about...
  7. Oregon Incognito

Well liner question

Good to know. Yes, I bought a steel cutting hole saw and plan to die grind the sharp edges. Next, I was going to use my 4.5" grinder and sanding disk and get the rust and debris off the outside of the casing so the rubber seal will make good contact. Do you use paint primer on the bare metal for...
  8. Oregon Incognito

Well liner question

Yes, mine is 6-5/8" diameter. Boycedrilling- When I "slip form" the dirt/bentonite should the pitless adapter be surrounded in bentonite too? No need to replace the mortar? I still scratching my head as to how they installed a thin layer of mortar, then bentonite on the outside. Do the well...
  9. Oregon Incognito

Well liner question

I'm pretty sure it's weight rated. I'll call the manufacture and find out. It's designed for electrical utilities. Since it's 4'X6' on top I would guess trucks could straddle it? Either way there is enough room to avoid it. I'll put it about 3' away from the well just in case I need to service...
  10. Oregon Incognito

Well liner question

Found this void about 30 inches from the ground. It is about 8 inches deep. Do I fill it with bentonite chips? I have a concrete vault(4'X6') that will be buried for the pressure tank and other components. How far away do I need to be from the well casing? Any code on this? Lastly, does the...
  11. Oregon Incognito

Well liner question

Yes, 100% outdoors. He used the 9.8amps from the nameplate. This is what I found reading on the internet as to why the smaller wire is used: Valveman(page 2, post#26)- "Using the longest length of the smallest wire possible will work like a reduced voltage soft starter, so you don't want to...
  12. Oregon Incognito

Well liner question

Back on my prior post #60 does my wire size calculation seem correct? So what size breaker then? Everything is located outdoors. Ran this by my electrician friend and he is freaking out about the voltage drop. He wants to use #10 in the well and #8 in the trench. Why is the NEC so different...
  13. Oregon Incognito

Well liner question

Sorry for any confusion. I went back and edited the pump number and removed the drawing. Directly off my pump, it says: MS402 PROD # 79952104. The motor has 3 wires coming out of it, 2 black and 1 green. Steve
  14. Oregon Incognito

Well liner question

Reach4, It's 2 wires plus a ground, so no controller. Originally I was going to put the pump a little deeper in the PVC perforations. The plan is to set it above the perforations so I'm going to skip the flow inducer. Steve
  15. Oregon Incognito

Well liner question

I bought a Grundfos 10s10-15 pump. Flomatic has numerous models of check valves. Which one do you installers like? With a pitless adaptor setup what is a popular cap to use on a 6" steel casing? I found a good price on flat jacketed 12/3(plus ground) submersible pump cable. It's one more wire...
  16. Oregon Incognito

Well liner question

Good to know about the pressure switch adjustability. Yes- Only brass or stainless steel in the well I wanted to use a flow inducer sleeve, but there is not enough clearance in 4.5" Certa-Lok. Even with 4" thin wall stainless steel tubing I think the pump would starve for incoming water between...
  17. Oregon Incognito

Well liner question

Would it make any sense to start out with a 40-60 pressure switch and see how things go since my higher elevation irrigation project will probably be years down the road? Then if I don't have enough pressure at the higher elevations I could change it out to a 50-70 switch? My thinking is I will...
  18. Oregon Incognito

Well liner question

Valveman, I need to order the CSV kit this week. Since I'm putting my kit in a vault I need to get the tank size figured out. After the CSV kit the water pipe will branch 5 ways. 1- yard hydrant(near well), 2-house(uphill), 3- RV pad(downhill), 4- Shop(downhill), 5- Irrigation. I would like to...
  19. Oregon Incognito

Well liner question

Boycedrilling, Thanks for the info. I understand the position of most electrical inspectors. My inspector was honest with me and admitted he did not know how it should be wired properly. He is newer at the job and had to call another inspector on a question before he signed off on my 400amp...
  20. Oregon Incognito

Well liner question

I picked up the Grundfos 10S10-15 yesterday. The manual is useless. No wiring diagram for a 2 wire setup. The electrical inspector was out to green tag my new 400 amp service. I asked him what the code was for grounding, etc for the pump circuit. He didn't know and told me to go by the pump...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks