Search results

1. Neil Wilson

Water Softener Size Needed for my Situation?

I have a dug well (about 15'). I tested the well after a flood (5 years ago). There was 1.5' of water in my crawl space. So, the well had about 5' of extra water due to the water table. After testing, I used chlorine to "clear" the well. But it still tested to have coliform. We have been using...
  2. Neil Wilson

Bannerman and Reach4, Thank you for your information. Yesterday I installed a new well water pump. First step toward resolving water issues. My original goal was to install a UV unit to eliminate coliform found in my well water (we currently use bottled water). Internet research indicated that...
  3. Neil Wilson

Hello Bannerman and Reach4, My knowledge of water softeners started at zero a few weeks ago. I then got three local shops to give a sales pitch (water test/proposal). The costs of their proposed systems seemed to be many times more than buying a Fleck 5600SXT 1cu/ft softener. So, I am learning...
  4. Neil Wilson

Very good - Please note that my septic system currently has only one leach line (two leach lines are out of use) - so 1/3 capacity. I am thinking that when you say "injector takes water" that that is 2 step (i.e. after the initial backwash). My adjusted calculated discharge gallons is: 1...
  5. Neil Wilson

Very good - I wanted to calculate the gallons of water entering my septic system for each regeneration. I used your 10" x 54" tank information and came up with the following for the discharge gallons: 1 backwash - 10min. @ 2.4 gpm = 24 2 brian draw w/Slow Rinse - 15 min @ 0.83 gpm plus 45 min @...
  6. Neil Wilson

I am concerned about the discharge volume for a regeneration. Is there a way to determine that volume is for a given softener? My septic system is at 1/3 capacity currently.
  7. Neil Wilson

I would like help in determining the size of water softener needed for my situation. Well Water 3/4" incoming water line 35.5 grains/gal hardness (determined by two test) 01.2 grains/gal of iron guess (.1 to .4 ppm in one test; 0 in second test) 36.7 grains/gal total (hardness + iron) 150...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks