Search results

1. Everett DeHart

Tankless water heater as a heating source for radiant floor heating in bathroom

Why not put a small electric baseboard heater and thermostat in there? Certainly cheaper than what you're considering and if you're only looking at a 3-4 degree temperature differential should be cheap enough to operate.
  2. Everett DeHart

Basic questions about going from tank to tankless water heater

Thanks for the response. Since posting this I've done more research and it does seem that the savings tend to be over sold with tankless units. Initial cost seems to be comparable tank vs tankless.-comparing a A O Smith 40 gallon to the unit you referenced. Another unknown to me is life...
  3. Everett DeHart

Basic questions about going from tank to tankless water heater

20 year old house, originally came with a 50 gallon electric, I changed to a 40 when the old one died. Just my wife and I, retired, occasionally another couple comes in for a weekend. Essentially, our hot water usage is a couple showers a day, clothes and dish washing appropriate to two...
  4. Everett DeHart

Add jockey pump to county water connection

OK. Things have changed since I was working with these. Going to look into a smaller tank and a CSV. Many, many, thanks Ev
  5. Everett DeHart

I was thinking a shallow well pump with a separate bladder tank, but just looked at prices of bladder tanks. OWCH, been away from this stuff for awhile I guess. I did notice that most shallow well pump+tank combo's now seem to be 1-5 gallon tanks which seems small. I just remembered that the...
  6. Everett DeHart

Taking suction from a 4" main, "other peoples faucets" are 1/4" mile up the road and about 3/8 mile down the road, all "users" are connnected via a check valve to protect the county water supply. Chlorine? County water already chlorinated, etc. The intent here is to add a tank and jockey pump...
  7. Everett DeHart

Thanks for the response. Hmmm, going negative on the suction side wasn't something I'd considered. Definitely not going to add a supply tank and float switch to the cost. If I did anything would add a throttle valve on the discharge between the pump and tank to avoid this as it would be much...
  8. Everett DeHart

We have county water however we're on top of, one of if not the tallest hills in the county. Our water pressure is about 12-15 PSI. I was thinking of adding a shallow well pump and storage tank, check valve is already in place courtesy of the county. As we occasionally lose water pressure...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks