Search results

1. rayjustray

Water Softener Rinse solutions?

My brine tank has a Hydro-Rinse automatic feeder in it, and I got a gallon jug of liquid, that says the contents are phosphoric acid, when I had the equipment installed. The company sells refills in their own branded jugs, but I want to have alternate sources, too, so what should I be looking...
  2. rayjustray

Getting closer: pH, hardness, and UV setup

What info am I missing? It seems like the National Labs test would duplicate most of what I have so far.
  3. rayjustray

The image I posted was of my first test, done by a not so thorough home inspector who missed some expensive problems around the house, and yes he just took it from a kitchen faucet, so the water had run through a 50 micron filter first. The follow on test was done with the filter removed, but...
  4. rayjustray

Need Help Selecting a Softener & Iron Removal System. Fleck 2510 vs 5900 vs Water-Right Impression?

I've been reading up because I'm in the same situation, and I just had a chat with Pentair about their valves. He stated the 2510 is their most robust model, but unless the water has high iron content, the 5800/5600 series should be just fine, and the 5600 series can only backwash up to a 10"...
  5. rayjustray

Hardness I have, at 5 grains, and lead at 0.0110 mg/L, and TDS at 211 without the 50 micron filter installed. Would finding manganese or arsenic significantly change my treatment plan? Someone mentioned that the softener would pull low quantities of those metals out of my water anyway (not...
  6. rayjustray

So what do I need in a water test aside from the results I already have?
  7. rayjustray

Well that last water test they came in and did seems to have disappeared, I've not gotten any responses on the results and it's been two weeks. What are some other places I can get a water test done?
  8. rayjustray

Did a lot of asking and searching, and I think I'm close to figuring out the configuration I need to install. The well has 3/4" CPVC coming out of it, but since the closet and pipe routing is a mess, I'm going to redo it all with 1" from the well tank through the UV light and then neck it back...
  9. rayjustray

Looking for Fleck 5810 XTR2

Is there a sheet somewhere that lays out the differences between these various valves? I've seen Fleck come in models 2510SXT, 5600SXT, 5800SXT, 7000SXT... being new to a home that requires softening and neutralization, it's been hard to piece together all the differences, and I want to make an...
  10. rayjustray

MILBY Master Combo Neutralizer-Softener Tank reviews?

I'm back again with the ongoing horror of fixing the water problems at my new house. Due to space considerations, a plumber recommended this: http://www.milbycompany.com/water-treatment/whole-house-units/combo-units/12932 and it's the first I've heard of this brand/product. I'm wary of the...
  11. rayjustray

Treating 5.3 pH well water

Good info, Ditto, thank you. Can you suggest a place to purchase this configuration? Most configurations I have seen are either 5600SXT, or the 2510SXT or the 7000. Are those last two viable options?
  12. rayjustray

Just moved in, shower only has hot water

We just moved into our house, built in 1995, but I'd guess it was updated within the last decade. The downstairs shower only provides hot water, doesn't matter if we use the shower head or the faucet in the tub. It's one of the single knob style controls. The faucet in the bathroom sink, which...
  13. rayjustray

Fleck 5600SXT seems to be the equipment of choice, but I saw it listed as only being able to backwash a 10” diameter neutralizing tank. Some sites list 1.5 cu ft tanks as only being able to maintain 7 gpm flow rates, so I’d have to go to a 2 cu for tank to get a 10 gpm flow rate, which is a 12”...
  14. rayjustray

GE Water Softener w/ softener inside salt reservoir?

Has anyone used these? The softener tank is inside the salt reservoir, which looks like it saves space. https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-40-200-Grain-Water-Softener-GXSH40V/203219780 Background: 3 bathroom house, well w/11GPM flow rate, currently around 6 - 10 grains hardness and pH around 5.3...
  15. rayjustray

Unsure of well depth, I've asked the city for the plans so I'll know soon. Had two different guys come out and do some tests, this is what they told me: 1st Guy: 6.2 pH, 6 grains of hardness 2nd Guy: 5.0 pH, 10 grains of hardness (Unsure of this one, he was clueless and had to call his boss...
  16. rayjustray

The coliform result was addressed via a chlorine treatment. The sellers installed a vermin proof well cap and got us back a clean water test, so I'm not concerned about that. We're also planning on adding a UV lamp to the water treatment setup, but that seems simple enough once we've achieved a...
  17. rayjustray

I posted an image of the test results, that's everything I've got. Doesn't look like they tested for hardness, so I'll go pick up a water testing kit tomorrow.
  18. rayjustray

We're buying a house that's on well (11GPM from the test) and septic, the well is putting out water at a 5.4 pH. We've had a water test done as part of the home inspection, and I'm trying to configure a system to deal with this and looking for some more info: What part of the water test do I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks