Search results

1. JohnO

Replacing Outside Faucet - close to house

The faucet is close to the house which has vinyl siding and there is a decorative piece behind the faucet. There is only about 1 inch from the soldered joint on the faucet to the decorative vinyl piece. It is for a neighbor and I was afraid to do it since the vinyl could melt. Any solutions...
  2. JohnO

Water Softener - Tankless

Hi, do you need a water softener if you have hard water and want to install a tankless system? Another problem to deal with in deciding what system to go with. Thank you.
  3. JohnO

Boiler (cost and installation)

I need to replace my boiler and I am not familiar with what is out there. The existing one is 37 years old. Can somebody recommend a good middle of the road product to heat a 2000 sq foot house? Also, where can I find what the prices are? Also, what is a reasonable cost for installation...
  4. JohnO

Dishwasher Installation / Cabinets

I will be installing a new dishwasher once I complete installing my cabinets. My question is for a dishwasher that will sit between two cabinets, do I leave the space exactly 24 inches or should I add another 1/8 to 1/4 inch to allow for free movement? Also, should I put woodstrips (say 1/2...
  5. JohnO

Tile - New Floor

I am going to be tiling a bathroom. The question I have is do you put the tile down and put the flange OVER the tile or do you put the flange in first and tile AROUND the flange? Thank you.
  6. JohnO

Faucet Installation

I finished one bathroom and now onto another. Both faucets are single handle Moens For bathroom number 1, I sweated the fittings without removing the cartridge. It works fine. For bathroom number 2, I want to take out the cartridge. It takes alot of FORCE (pull when removing and...
  7. JohnO

Raising Floor - Toilet Flange

I have 3 inch (copper pipe) drain for my toilet and the copper flange was secured to the plywood floor and there was tile put around the flange. I am redoing my bathroom and want to add 1/4 hardibacker (cement board) and ceramic tile which I want to put under the flange. I don't want to tile...
  8. JohnO

Hot Water in Sink

When I turn on the hot water in the bathroom sink, it comes on normal, then about a second later I hear noise in the pipe, and the pressure immediately drops. The noise is like a "boom". I had some recent work done on my boiler and the plumber bled the system. It seems as though it has...
  9. JohnO

Furnace Not Working

I hear what I believe to be the circulator continuously running and the pilot light is on. However, I cannot get the furnace to run and I am not getting any heat. I know that the contacts are closed in each zone. There is a little (what looks like a) bleed valve and it is leaking a little hot...
  10. JohnO

Shower Door Installation

I am putting in a new shower. It will be a kit with 3 walls and the pan. For the shower door, do I need to put two studs (one for each side)behind where it will go? If not, then will the fiberglass in the walls be secure enough to hold it? There was no stud with the old shower as the door...
  11. JohnO

Shower Door Installation

I am putting in a new shower. It will be a kit with 3 walls and the pan. For the shower door, do I need to put two studs (one for each side)behind where it will go? If not, then will the fiberglass in the walls be secure enough to hold it? There was no stud with the old shower as the door...
  12. JohnO

Basic Soldering - Shower Installation

This past weekend I converted my two handle shower system to a one handle system. This is my first attempt at installing a new bathroom - shower only with no tub. It took 6 attempts before I got it to the point it would not leak. Just a few questions: 1 - I had to solder close to the new...
  13. JohnO

Show pan installation

I am about to install a shower pan as a part of the Kohler-Sterling package which includes the three walls. Should I put down roofing felt or some other material underneath? I dont want to put mortar. Thanks.
  14. JohnO

Cutting 2 inch and 3 inch copper pipe

Is there a good tool out there to do the job? I would rather not use a hacksaw or a dremmel. The only tubing cutters I can find only go up to 1inch and I think an 1/8. The two inch copper pipe if for a shower so it must be right on. Thanks.
  15. JohnO

Copper Pipe - 10 foot lengths??

I am remodeling my bathroom. For the toilet, I removed the flange as well as the 3 inch long and 3 inch wide copper pipe that went into the flange. I thought it would be no big deal to pick up another 3 inch pipe. I'm told that they are only available in 10 foot lengths at a cost of $160...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks