Search results

1. Schnabeltasse

Cleanouts and vent question for new bathroom

Just wanted to report that I set it up like this and passed inspection a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for all the help and great info I found on this forum! On to the next stage of the build...
  2. Schnabeltasse

Bathroom Supply

I am building an addition with a new bathroom (thanks to everyone who helped me with the drain setup in another thread). I’m starting on the supply lines and have a few questions. The bathroom will have a large custom shower, a tub, a toilet, and double vanity. The supply comes from 3/4 copper...
  3. Schnabeltasse

Thank you so much for the feedback. I will go with this layout. Hope to get to work on it this weekend. It’s weird, now that I work my real job from home (due to COVID lockdown) I have less time to work on my addition project in the evenings than when I was commuting to my office.
  4. Schnabeltasse

Thanks. The problem I have is getting the vent to the wall. The 3” pipe in the basement runs along a former outside wall that is quite thick. The pipe is too far away and there is too little vertical clearance to connect the trap arms for the shower and the tub and get the vent takeoff over to...
  5. Schnabeltasse

Wow, thanks for all the answers And the picture markup. You have earned a break :) Unfortunately, I don’t think I can run the trap arms the way you drew them and vent through the 3” line. The 3” line will be quite a bit lower than the trap arms since it will run along a wall under the joists...
  6. Schnabeltasse

IPC rules for clean-outs and other questions

I have re-posted this in the Professional and DIY section since this area doesn’t seem to get much traffic. Admin, please close or delete this thread. New one is here https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/cleanouts-and-vent-question-for-new-bathroom.86698/
  7. Schnabeltasse

I originally posted this in the IPC Plumbing Code Questions section but haven’t gotten any hits there. Maybe this section is a better place. Re-posting since I couldn’t figure out if or how I could move my thread. I’m in Indiana under 2006 IPC (with local amendments that don’t affect this...
  8. Schnabeltasse

IPC rules for clean-outs and other questions

I’m in Indiana under 2006 IPC (with local amendments that don’t affect this topic). I’m trying to plumb a bathroom in an addition I am building. IPC states that in “horizontal waste or soil lines”, each change of direction over 45 degrees requires a clean out. Unlike UPC it does not use the...
  9. Schnabeltasse

Too many turns?

Thanks Terry. I was going to vent everything separately. The lavs are on the opposite wall and I believe would be too far away (the room is almost 9 ft wide), plus I would have to cross through several joists to bring it all together (I don’t want to go below the joists so I can finish the...
  10. Schnabeltasse

Too many turns?

Hi everyone, I’m building an addition with a bathroom. The main 3” drain line runs along the old concrete foundation wall perpendicular to the floor joists in the new basement (and exits separate from the existing plumbing). The bathroom is right above the main line. I will have a tub and a...
  11. Schnabeltasse

Toilet to ejector pit vent question

Hi, I’m new here - hope this is the right place for this question. I’m about to pour the slab in a basement that will likely never get finished but will have some shop space and storage. I wasn’t going to put a bathroom in there so wasn’t planning on underslab plumbing but as a last minute...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks