Search results

1. Yinn

Installed filter, now Cold Water Sputtering

After the teflon + snugging it, I haven't had any bubbles and no detectable leaks that I can see. As far as I can tell the leak was from the plug itself. There was no actual line connected, it was a black poly plug that threaded directly into where the brine line would normally go. Is there...
  2. Yinn

Thanks everyone, I think (hope) it's solved. The sputtering was more than the normal shutoff/turn on cycle. Even after running every faucet. I went back and checked every connection, everything was tight. I eventually went around with a soap bottle looking for a leak, sure enough the brine...
  3. Yinn

I recently installed a backwashing carbon filter. Being that my house is on well and doesn't use chlorine, I installed the filter after the softener. Everything was operating as intended prior to installing the filter, but ever since it went in my cold water lines would sputter upon first use...
  4. Yinn

Repurposing a Fleck 5600 10x54

I had high levels when I moved in over a decade ago. The house was vacant at the time and I installed my old system which eliminated any staining, smells, etc. The most recent tests came back as follows: Iron: 0.02ppm Manganese: Tested, Not Detected No sulfur or rotten smells even...
  5. Yinn

In my area radon air testing is required upon purchasing the home. There is definitely some in my area so I actually have a radon monitor and I'm below limits. But the monitor did spike when I worked on the well tank, so I know there's some in the water as well - which I believe carbon filters...
  6. Yinn

My meter only shows me "peak" usage which is around 6-7gpm but I'm figured I probably don't spend a ton of time at that rate so I calculated based on what's typically on at the same time for my range. It isn't highly scientific just an estimate. I did find this...
  7. Yinn

I think the 8x44 couldn't work with the KL then right? My well pump is a 10gpm pump and based on my water meter it looks like I spend the majority of my day between 3.5-5.5gpm.
  8. Yinn

Since I don't have a 9in tank, it sounds like it would be best to turn it into a GAC or CC filter then. I just took a look at the brochure you linked and it looks like a 10x44 tank has a max service flow rate of 2.64-gpm. Am I reading that correctly? My tank is slightly taller, but I...
  9. Yinn

I just replaced my softener system. A new water test, increased family size, and getting a little more efficiency out of a metered system convinced me to just replace it. But now I have my old 5600 w/ 8x44" softener tank and 5600 w/10x54 nitrate tank sitting off to the side, just staring at...
  10. Yinn

System Review and Sourcing 5810

Are you using the same brining tank for both? Or do you have separate brine tanks?
  11. Yinn

Gross alpha is 5.8, adjusted gross alpha is 1.78, uranium is 0.006ppm. All the numbers are below the MCL, but above the MCL-G. The one thing I have to keep into consideration is that while those levels are low, when I start running them through resin for removal, I'll start collecting them...
  12. Yinn

I am in one of those counties, which is why the concern. I have a 5-stage RO for my primary drinking water with the softener currently, but the reality is we utilize the faucet quite frequently - for cooking as an example. A small amount we'll pull from the RO. We'll make coffee from the RO...
  13. Yinn

Luckily I did test for lead and it was "not detected" in my water. The other things, radium, actinium, radon I didn't test for. Those are good points, I should go get testing for that
  14. Yinn

The "nitrate unit" was sold to me as such a decade ago when I was told I had elevated nitrogen levels. I was giving the installers the benefit of the doubt since it's been a decade since it was installed but my most recent water test didn't reveal a significant amount of nitrates (0.23PPM)...
  15. Yinn

I'm currently redoing my plumbing at the POE on my own, including some work to install a cycle stop valve and replace the 3/4" trunk with a 1" trunk to match the POE line. My current system was setup by a local water guy a decade ago. I didn't know anything at the time and I still don't, but...
  16. Yinn

PK1A-LT Cycle Stop Valve Setup

Got it, thank you for the clarification. It very much is so, which is why we've had to occasionally scream for a jug of water.
  17. Yinn

I must be missing something here. I didn't think it'll be any different than what we're dealing with today. It's the same tank just with the cycle stop valve. Or are you saying I'll have less capacity with the same tank with the cycle stop valve?
  18. Yinn

I'm not sure what you mean by "lottery" do you mean just how we go about it? If so, the dishwasher, washing machine all flip off during an outage. So the water usage stops there. The only water running would be from the taps and showers. As a household we know if the lights flick off, we...
  19. Yinn

Just to make sure.. Since the WX251 isn't designed to go upside down and be suspended I was planning on using the 3/4 port on the bottom of the CSV and running 3/4 pex down (~3 ft) to my pressure tank. I was going to leave everything else as is in the first picture with the PRV, gauge, and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks