Search results

1. HudsonDIY

Faulty Brine Salt Tank Safety Float

Greetings All, I haven't posted in a while but I've recently been having a problem with my Fleck 5600 so I figured I'd ask the experts before I throw parts at it. Gradually I've gone from nice soft water to hard as a rock. I just dug into the unit today after noticing it wasn't using any salt...
  2. HudsonDIY

Cracked Closet Flange

Wasn't sure to post this here or in the plumbing forum. I'm sure this has been covered before but I wasn't able to find any posts so I apologize in advance. This has to be a very common problem. I recently reseated the toilet in my guest bath as my wife was complaining of sewage smells and I...
  3. HudsonDIY

Adding garage utility sink

Greetings all, I hope everyone is doing well. I'm considering adding a utility sink in my garage. My wife is tired of me making a mess in her laundry sink. I'm sure some can relate. What I'd like to do is tap into an existing waste pipe in the wall which handles a double vanity sink on the...
  4. HudsonDIY

Softener, Leaky bypass valve

Greetings all, Hope everyone is faring well. The bypass valve on my fleck 5600 has developed a leak. Not terrible but enough to take notice. Funny it only leaks in the "in service" position. Anyway, long story short. Does anyone know if this valve can be rebuilt or do I need to replace the...
  5. HudsonDIY

Smelly Bathroom

So I'd like some input on a smelly problem I'm having in one of my bathrooms. Recently my wife has been complaining of odors in our guest bath. I wouldn't really know, my nose isn't that sensitive and I rarely use that bathroom. Anyway, since that bathroom is rarely used and the shower is never...
  6. HudsonDIY

Softener, What's wrong with my numbers?

I moved into my home in March of this year. The house came with a water softener with an old school fleck 5600 meter. The softener was out of service for an unknown amount of time. After moving in I took to task cleaning up the old softener and getting it back in service. The softener has a...
  7. HudsonDIY

Landscape Lighting Load

I have a question for those in the know about landscape lighting and electrical engineering in general. I have a pool and spa which each include a 12v light. Previously they were halogen bulbs which I have replaced with LED's. They are powered from the same Intermatic control box which houses...
  8. HudsonDIY

Rain sensor question

Greetings all, I recently purchased a Blossom 7 irrigation controller for my home irrigation system. I'm not using all the fancy features such as the smart watering. I just wanted a controller I could sit my butt on the couch and program or turn on or off. They don't include connections for a...
  9. HudsonDIY

A/C Short Cycling

Its hotter than.. well pretty much anything short of the surface of the sun in Florida right now and of course our A/C is working overtime. However, not working as hard as it should. It is cutting off short of the temperature set on the thermostat. While its running it puts out very cold air and...
  10. HudsonDIY

Hunter PGP heads. Removing guts without decapitating.

So this may sound like a stupid question to you seasoned irrigation folks but here it is anyway. I have a 1/3 acre lot with a ton (not an actual ton but many) of Hunter PGP heads. Most if not all of them are leaking like the Titanic and need the seal replaced. In trying to remove the guts of the...
  11. HudsonDIY

Fleck 5600 Hot Clock Motor

Greetings, I have a Fleck 5600 Econominder which I have posted about in the past and have another question. I recently moved into my home and the softener came with it. The softener appears to have been offline for a very long time, possibly years. I have resolved whatever issues there were...
  12. HudsonDIY

Drain Mystery

Greetings all and thank you for allowing me into your forum. I have a mystery here and I'm hoping someone might have some ideas what's going on. I recently moved into my home in March. The new home has an old school Fleck 5600 which was not operational. I've had this same softener in most of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks