Search results

1. mf915

Water smells after new install of 5600 sxt

I just did the new install today. Went through 1 recycle of regeneration. I notice the water "smells". (and definitely no smell when i bypass the water softener). I read that a few more regenerations might help. Is it common ?? If it doesn't help, should i go with the method of adding...
  2. mf915

Installing 3 valve bypass

I am going to set up 3 valve (ball valve) bypass for my water softener. Currently there is only one main water line (RED) which is "vertical" (water traveling upward). Therefore, my setup will be as if I rotate this pic 90 degrees clockwise. It is probably a dumb question..... Is there...
  3. mf915

Connect PVC to 3" corrugated drain

I have a few PVC drain pipes (3/4" in and 1.5") coming out of the house. I would like them to connect to the 3" corrugated drain pipe. I know I need a few of the 3" corrugated tees. Just having trouble finding the adapters to connect the 3/4" and 1.5" PVC to the 3" corrugated tees. Need...
  4. mf915

Help picking a softener system

I know there are a lot of threads out there :) Livingston NJ - water is 14 grains per gallon Only two people in the house (4 bd, 3 1/2 bath). One of the most common systems i see out there is Fleck 5600SXT. With just two people, it seems that 24k grain system should be more than enough...
  5. mf915

Softener drain outlet

Thinking of getting Fleck 5600SXT. Location will be in the semi-basement. There are no drain pipes close by. So i think i will have to drill a hole in the concrete block and run a PVC outside. The drain location will be a few feet up (ceiling of semi-basement) and maybe 10 ft across where...
  6. mf915

watertight seal between faucet base and sink

just moved into a new place. And found out one bathroom faucet base is not watertight sealed. It already has some kind of white plastic gasket underneath the base plate. I think i have 3 options here. 1) try tightening the bolts underneathe the sink and see if it helps... 2) Take out...
  7. mf915

shower pan making popping noise after shower

after a shower, i hear loud popping noise coming from the shower pan. This can go on for half an hour or so... but not frequent... maybe like 5-6 popping noises total during half an hour.. I'm thinking it's caused by contraction/expansion (after the shower). Is it common ?? thanks
  8. mf915

Redo pipes behind tub wall

My current tub is the one piece tub/surround. I'd like to change it to tub and tile the surround. It turns out I'll need to redo all the copper pipe connections and valve body behind the wall. Questions: 1) what type of copper pipes should i use ("L" or "M") ? If uncertain, maybe i should...
  9. mf915

Bath fan duct

There are 3 types of metal sheets (that you roll into duct) available at Home Depot 1) very thin aluminum 2) galvanized 3) thicker galvanized I chose #2. But then the Home Depot guy said I should have chosen #1. He said aluminum does not rust, galvanized duct will RUST... Is that...
  10. mf915

Size & location of tub access panel

I don't have one...have never seen one before... I have a typical fiberglass one-piece tub/surround. The other side of the drain is the closet of a bedroom. So i can open up the drywall.... how big is a typical "bath tub access panel" ? where is the best location to install one ...
  11. mf915

Kitchen sink plumbing question

Hi, Everything is PVC. Here is the current setup. The drain pipe coming out of the wall is 2 1/2". Then a reducer coupling to a 2" pipe. Then a 2" J-bend, and finally an adapter that connects the 1 1/2" tail piece. I'm about to install a new double-bowl sink. I got two 1 1/2" tail...
  12. mf915

How difficult is replacing this bathtub

Hi, I have this type of one-piece acrylic/fiberglass tub/surround bathtub. I'm hoping to replace it with a "generic" bathtub (from HD or lowes) and then tile the surrounding. How difficult is replacing bathtub like this ? Here are couple more specific questions: 1) is the existing bathtub...
  13. mf915

Use of 100% silicone sealant

i'm going to be installing new faucets, bath sink and kitchen sink, kitchen bowls... Is it recommended to use silicone sealant 1) under bath pop-up drain 2) kitchen strainer 3) underneath the border of kitchen bowl 4) underneath the faucets As far as I see, most of the above already...
  14. mf915

Proper toilet flange height

Hi, long story short - after re-doing the floor, I realized the flange is now too high (maybe 1/4" inch too high). The flange and pipe are both PVC. Because the floor is done, it's very difficult to cut the flange and lower it from top. I have clear access from the basement. So i'm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks