Search results

1. riverdale

Wet vent for bathtub in bathroom/laundry (Ontario)

With all the self-isolation going on here in Toronto, I’ve had the chance to poke around some more. I had posted previously (not in this Canadian forum, which somehow I missed!?) and got some great info. and advice. However, now I see what’s already there (structure, plumbing, electrical, and...
  2. riverdale

Front apron support (required or not?) for Maax alcove bathtub

I am installing a Maax Exhibit 6036 IFS AFR Bathtub, in an alcove, which has an integrated apron. My question is this... Does the front apron need to be resting directly on the floor? Along its full length? It seems to me that it would, otherwise, what happens when somebody sits on the edge of...
  3. riverdale

Adding a cleanout ~5’ away from WYE toilet connection

I now have the opportunity to add a cleanout in my second floor bathroom (Ontario, Canada). See attached diagram. The drain from Location A -B is in a relatively inaccessible kitchen bulkhead below the floor joists. However, if I extend the drain line from B-C I can add a cleanout which would...
  4. riverdale

DWV Fittings check for bathroom & laundry (Ontario, Canada)

Now that the layout has been determined (previous post), I’m looking at individual fittings for specific locations of the DWV system (Ontario, Canada). Can somebody please tell me if what I’ve indicated on the attached diagram shows the *CORRECT* fittings for those locations? A few specific...
  5. riverdale

Proposed DWV layout for modified existing bathroom & laundry (Ontario, Canada)

Ontario, Canada. Looking for a confirmation of a proposed DWV layout. Due to a roof leak and water damage etc. we are redoing our second floor bathroom and adjacent laundry room. Taking this opportunity to correct numerous issues, both plumbing and non-plumbing, from previous owners “handiwork”...
  6. riverdale

GE/RHEEM Power Vent Blower Motor Assembly Gasket

Hello: I have a question about the power vent blower motor assembly gasket.... I have a GE Power Vent HW heater. Model # GG50S06RVJ which I believe is a rebranded RHEEM 42VP50S. I’m in the midst of replacing the dip tube, and so far so good. However, I had to remove the entire blower motor...
  7. riverdale

GE / Rheem power vent ECO failure code - GG50S06RVJ

Having problems with a Rheem/GE power vented hot water heater, model # GGGG50S06RVJ. I'm going to do this in point form for clarity: 1) Tank stops heating, check flashing error code and it shows 4-2 which is ECO failure 2) Call Rheem Canada and they say check resistance on the two outside...
  8. riverdale

Third Floor bathroom addition - DWV issues

Hello: I have a two storey house and we are planning on adding a third storey with a very limited budget. I have been working on floor plans based on the assumption it is far cheaper and more straightforward to put the new third floor bathroom directly above the existing second floor...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks