Search results

1. MarcSavage

Proposed Wet Vent for new three piece washroom.

I'm assuming adding a 2" vent at the shower wouldn't fix the toilet distance issue.
  2. MarcSavage

Proposed Wet Vent for new three piece washroom.

Will the proposed 2" wet vent be sufficient for this three piece bathroom. See attached picture. Thanks M Savage Ottawa
  3. MarcSavage

Venting Configuration new second floor bathroom.

Will the proposed 2" wet vent be sufficient for this three piece bathroom. See attached picture. Thanks M Savage Ottawa
  4. MarcSavage

Kitchen Sink Rough-in height

Just wondering at what hight I need to rought-in the waste pipe for my new kitchen sink? Do I center with the cabinet? Here is a link to the sink specs: http://blancoamerica.com/SPECIFICATIONS/513634.pdf THanks! Marc
  5. MarcSavage

Kitchen Plumbing Rough-in

I am currently remodeling the kitchen and the next thing to do on the list is the plumbing. I would like to attempt it myself but I'll hire someone if I feel the job is too complex. Issue #1 Looking at the picture Kitchen01 you can see the main stack, the 1 1/2" drain pipe and 1 1/4" vent...
  6. MarcSavage

Kitchen Remodel and old plumbing issues.

We are planing a kitchen renovation the sink plumbing will need to be brought up to date. Right now the 1.5" copper drain pipe runs 5 feet left of the sink to the main 4" copper stack. The issue with the current configuration is that: A) The pipe diameter is too small B) The drain pipe runs...
  7. MarcSavage

Supply lines and drain for washing machines.

I appreciate the response. I've received so many different opinions on using 1-1/2" vs. 2" I don't know what to do. Granted using 2" will eliminate any possible backup problems I have one hesitation. I'm not quite sure how to tackle the connection to what looks like a 2" cast or galvanized hub...
  8. MarcSavage

I've finished the back wall framing and I'm ready to do the plumbing. If you look at the pictures in order you'll see where I've installed supply box and where the drain pipe needs to go at the end of the second wall. The length is approx. 8' + 1-90deg elbow + 8' to the 1-1/2" copper pipe. The...
  9. MarcSavage

I was talking to a plumber this afternoon and he told me that the code here in Ontario is 1-1/2" for the laundy standpipe. I have a front load LG washer....will I run into problems using 1-1/2"?
  10. MarcSavage

Thanks for the advice guys. I have another question regarding the diameter of the standpipe connected to the supply box. I know that I'm supposed use 2" but I was wondering if I can reduce the diameter to 1.5" after the trap to make easier to run the pipe through the 16' 2x4 wall. Am I going to...
  11. MarcSavage

The basement is heated and I would be running the pipes 24" of the floor and proximately 3' blow outside ground level. Thanks for the advice. Marc
  12. MarcSavage

I know running pipes in insulated outside walls is not permitted but are there any exceptions for basements. I've insulated the foundation wall with R7.5 extruded foam then built a 2X4 wall frame with Roxul (Mineral Wool) R13.5 batts. My stackable washer/dryer are located on the outside wall and...
  13. MarcSavage

Gas Water Heater

Last week I temporarily relocated my hot water tank because I am re-insulating the basement. When I drained the tank (Circa 1994) I couldn't believe the amount of rust particles at the bottom of the tank. I'm pretty sure this 12 year old tank is probably on borrowed time and should be replaced...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks