Search results

1. PiscesDragon212

Need help in apartment building -- warm water from cold tap -Tenant illegal washer?

Hi Sylvan, One year later and I'm still dealing with this issue. I reported the issue to 311 and HPD but they couldn't do anything about it since there are no defined temperature standards for cold water. I contacted the NYC Housing Deputy Commissioner suggesting the language in the housing...
  2. PiscesDragon212

Culligan bottle-free water coolers

Does anyone have experience using the Culligan bottle-free water coolers? I'm thinking of getting one for my apartment because my water is not that cold and not that clean. How often do you have to change the filters and how much do they cost?
  3. PiscesDragon212

Need help in apartment building -- warm water from cold tap -Tenant illegal washer?

Hi Sylvan, Thanks again for that info about NYC plumbing codes. I think someone in my apartment line had a plumber who may have put the hot and cold water pipes too close together. If it's a violation of the plumbing code, is the staff required to look into it and fix it?
  4. PiscesDragon212

New York City tap water seasonal temperatures

What do you think the temperature might be in the winter? I ask because I have this problem year round.
  5. PiscesDragon212

New York City tap water seasonal temperatures

Do any plumbers know what the average temperatures of New York City cold tap water are during each season? My cold tap water seems to be warmer than it should be.
  6. PiscesDragon212

How Well Do Water Chillers Work?

Thanks for that idea. But I don't think they make those types of refrigerators for the dimensions that fit in my kitchen space.
  7. PiscesDragon212

It would be for drinking and brushing my teeth. The reason I'm thinking of getting a water chiller is so that I can have cold water from my faucets on demand. I use Brita pitchers for drinking but it's not really a substitute for water from the sink because I have to refill the Brita pitchers often.
  8. PiscesDragon212

I live in an old apartment building built in the 1920s. I have an issue where my cold tap water takes 5-10 minutes to get cold. I'm thinking this might be due to the fact that the hot and cold water pipes are uninsulated and/or they're too close together. I don't think my building staff is going...
  9. PiscesDragon212

Thanks for that info, it's very helpful. My building was built in 1927 with galvanized pipes, I'll see if I can find plumbing codes for that time period.
  10. PiscesDragon212

One board member said that when cold water sits in pipes for a while it reaches "ambient temperature" but my previous unit in the same building was 20 degrees cooler. I think it's more of a technical problem maybe in the basement. What do you think?
  11. PiscesDragon212

Was it expensive to fix? I don't think my building wants to investigate further, but do you think my problem could be found in the basement? I used to live in another unit in the same building that had no problems. I just think it's ridiculous to have water temperatures starting 75-80 degrees...
  12. PiscesDragon212

Thanks so much for your response, it's very helpful. In my building, they had plumbers look into my situation by looking under sinks of all the apartments who use the same riser and they said they found no issues. And I think it most likely is a building issue. You had said in one building where...
  13. PiscesDragon212

Hi, I know I'm a little late to the party but were you ever able to get your problem solved? I'm going through the same thing in my pre-war co-op apartment and so are others in the line and throughout the building. With me it takes 5-10 minutes for the water to get cold. Some people have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks