Search results

1. randomwalk

Fleck 5600 SXT Setting for Catalytic Carbon Filter

I have a 1.0 cubic ft. (9x44) catalytic carbon filter with a Fleck 5600 SXT head. I'm trying to see if the setting below are correct. A sticker by the drain line says Drain Flow = 4.0 GPM. DF = Gal VT = Fltr --> I am not sure if this is the right setting. CT = tc NT = 1 DO = 15 --> I have...
  2. randomwalk

Need Help with Water Softener Setting -- Fleck 5600 SXT

I recently had a 1.5 cubic ft. softener installed with a Fleck 5600 SXT valve. I looked into the settings and think they are currently incorrect. Can you help me with the correct settings? The sticker near the brine line says 1.5 lbs. of salt / minute, which I think is equivalent to 0.5 gpm...
  3. randomwalk

What makes a good RO system? Recommendations?

I'm looking to replace an existing Watts WP-5 RO system that we've had for many years. It's a pretty standard system with 1 sediment stage, 2 carbon stages, RO membrane, then post-tank GAC polishing filter. I added a permeate pump to the system on my own. There's nothing wrong with the...
  4. randomwalk

Big Blue carbon filter vs. Backwash catalytic carbon filter

I'm interested in a carbon filter ahead of my softener mainly to protect the resin from chlorine / chloramine, with the added benefit of generally better water. I live in San Jose and the chlorine level in my city water is not super high (1.53 ppm on average according to the water quality...
  5. randomwalk

Help Needed -- Dealer Recommendations in Bay Area (San Jose)?

TD;LR: Can anyone recommend knowledgeable independent water treatment companies in the Bay Area (San Jose)? I can't seem to find any when I Google. For example, I can't seem to find anyone who puts together and installs Fleck based systems. I only find proprietary systems (Culligan, Hague...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks