Search results

1. viennamicro

Bathroom Tiling

Planning to tile my bathroom floor and walls. Very basic question, should I start with the floor or the walls?
  2. viennamicro

Finishing Cement Board

With any luck, the walls will be dry except for accidents.
  3. viennamicro

How long of a wait with ceramic tile?

Hmm... With 120 acres, why not just use the tree and prop a shovel beside it? I'd suggest some lime and approaching with the wind at your back :rolleyes: Seriously, assuming you're a novice like me, take the time the pros quote and convert it to metric (double it and add 30). Good luck and...
  4. viennamicro

Finishing Cement Board

I'm replacing my bathroom walls with cement board and need to know how to finish them - specifically, what is the "skim coat" material I should use on it? I thought about drywall mud, but after thinking on it some more, I don't believe it's a good idea. I plan to put up a tub surround in the...
  5. viennamicro

Tankless Water Heater

Tankless Comment I installed my Bosch unit with double walled exhaust lines and a booster fan. The outer walls of the vent lines are only warm to the touch. The area to be concerned about in my case is the outside vent cap. I'm vented out the basement wall to an area of the flowerbed with no...
  6. viennamicro

Hot Water Tank in Uninsulated Shed?

Personal Experience I had a water heater in an uninsulated area a few years back - BAD idea. The water froze, creating real problems since it was also the same water pumped through the floor for heat. The weather broke 10 days later; only 4 more days for the ice to clear and the water to...
  7. viennamicro

Concrete Encasement???

Serious Thanks Can't say enough about the EXCELLENT advice getting me through this chore. The angle grinder was the best advice I've had in a long time. Used a diamond blade and zipped right through the clay pipe in seconds. After that it was a snap. Everything's back together and no leaks!
  8. viennamicro

Kids stealing freon!

Remember I remember the good ole days when the kids would smoke anything - an I don't mean that wacky tabackie. Then the only real danger was what Dad would do if he caught ya. I recall Gramps catching me once and he made me finish the whole pile I'd rolled. Never had a puff since . . .
  9. viennamicro

Considering

I am considering a wirlpool (therapeutic) hot tub for my home. Any suggestions? Background: - Moderate arthritis in back. Rode a 2x8 two floors to a sudden stop and stood up 1.5 inches shorter. - Significant abdominal scarring from old war wounds. - Like a deep, penetrating...
  10. viennamicro

Careful

Best Wishes Hope things are going well for you. I too had a nasty infection, but they kept me in the hospital for 6 weeks. My doc also suggested pantyhose, but I told her :rolleyes: never mind. When she stepped out, her intern suggested I try a pair of spandex running tights. Not nearly...
  11. viennamicro

Gas Water Heater

Another Thought We also had a 15 year old gas water heater that we replaced this summer with a Bosch tankless system - the same one that is standard in most every household in Germany. After living there for an extended time, we learned to love em. My gas consumption is about 8% less than...
  12. viennamicro

Shower drain tool?

Yep, There Too Lowe's keeps them in stock in their plumbing section - and they are open til 10 tonight!
  13. viennamicro

Concrete Encasement???

Well Here Goeas Another Perfectly Good Weekend My thanks to you all for giving me an out for my HoneyDoo list this weekend. :mad: All in all - I really do thank you all for the advice and I'll let you know how the thing turns out. Fair warning - If she says "Ya know..." this weekend...
  14. viennamicro

Concrete Encasement???

The so-called "hack job" was done according to the advice of professional plumbers and city engineers. The wall to which I referred is attached to the exceptionally stubborn concrete floor that I jackhammered through to get to the line in the first place. I had been hoping to find a solution...
  15. viennamicro

Cruddy fixture --> PITA ---> nightmare !!

It's gotta be 5 o'clock somewhere . . .
  16. viennamicro

Concrete Encasement???

Ooo Pouring concrete just seems so much easier than lifting up that big heavy block wall to cut the clay . . . Any takers?
  17. viennamicro

Concrete Encasement???

I've been laboring on a clay pipe problem under my basement floor for a week now. I've tried several products but have yet to get the joint to seal at the bell. After trying silicon calk, I'm back to plumber's epoxy putty and have the flow down to a drop every 6 seconds or so with some...
  18. viennamicro

Caulking questions

Larnt the Hard Way I've learned that using plumber's putty may be preferable to calk for a toilet. It is much easier when you need to pull the commode considering both removing it and making it look good when you re-seat the toilet. I've also found it more forgiving for us novices who...
  19. viennamicro

Need help selecting new toilet

Go For The Gerber We installed a Gerber Ultra-Flush system about a year ago at the suggestion of a pipe fitter at the plant where I work. Best advice I've ever received! Our sewer backups and other associated problems have NOT been an issue since this install. Finding a dealer that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks