Search results

1. galacon

Overhead Light-Fan-Heat in bath

GET A ROPE! Just kidding... You'll like the unit/switch assembly- it's a nice product, i've installed a lot of them and never had troubles! Peace, G
  2. galacon

Raise Cast Iron Radiator due to new wood floors - HELP!!

From what you are describing, I think you aren't going to get away easy on this one... If you have access from below, you could spin out the nipples, and recut & thread new ones 3/4 longer- I assume you are dealing with unions... This would be the correct way to do it. Or, alternatively...
  3. galacon

Drywalling question

My tip for finding a good subcontractor (if you don't have a personal recommendation from a good friend or relative) is to go to a supply house for the trade in question. By this I mean a REAL trade specialty supply house (NOT Home drippo et al...) and ask them who they would recommend. They...
  4. galacon

Nail guns and wall plaster

Progrip, baby, Progrip!:p
  5. galacon

Overhead Light-Fan-Heat in bath

Mike50- The Broan rep should be whipped- Any electrical device is subject to the NEC, and as such, needs to be installed by an expert. Have it done right, my man... As far as the switch, Broan's triple fan/heat/lite switch is exactly what you need, but HD may need to order it. It fits up...
  6. galacon

Sealing large gap around replacement vinyl windows

Mikey- Too bad we didn't run into each other earlier. As one of my sidelines I am a distributor for a very high quality custom vinyl window manufacturer here in Chicago, and you could have bought your windows custom, sized to the individual openings +/- whatever gap you wanted, delivered to...
  7. galacon

Use of Pre-soldered copper fittings?

I just don't trust 'em. I always add a little solder anyway, so why bother... Just my 2c :) G
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks