Search results

1. Leonard Bayard

Short acid neutralizer life

I have a Navien NHB-150 boiler and have been going through neutralizer at a fairly fast clip. My plumber installed a Saniflo sanicondens and it used up the round granules in about two weeks. I switched the granules to the Rinnai rocks (about 2lbs) and that only lasted just over a month. The ph...
  2. Leonard Bayard

Expansion tank needed on Rheem hybrid?

My plumber says no and I don't have a check valve on my water supply coming into the house (open system?) However, I do have a whole house filter and a DAB pressure booster in between the supply and water heater. Should I install a expansion tank just to be safe? Concerned about the back...
  3. Leonard Bayard

What the heck does this mean?

Okay, so got this from an installer who wrote a proposal and have no idea what he's talking about. The unconditioned space is a addition to the house with a 3' bare dirt crawl space underneath it. the pipes to it run through a 3' open hole leading to the basement. The previous pipes were cast...
  4. Leonard Bayard

Replacing old cast iron boiler with - Bosch SSB, Navien, Lochinvar?

Ripped out the old Weil Mclain 210K cast iron boiler and old radiators in my house and wanting to replace it with one of these listed above. I'm in the Hudson Valley and the house is circa 1900, 2 floors, 3 bedrooms. No insulation at all just lathe and plaster. Coldest it gets here is about...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks