Search results

1. bikeboy

Most efficient type check valve for separating non filtered water

I'm installing a basic carbon water filter to filter chlorine from a city water supply. I've tee'd a line to all outside faucets ahead of the filter tank on the supply before entering line side of filter tank to not filter outside water. I'm assuming i'll have to install a check valve of sort to...
  2. bikeboy

Is acheck valve needed when separating non filtered from filtered water for a conditioning media tank ?

I'm installing a basic carbon water filter to filter chlorine from a city water supply. I've tee'd a line to all outside faucets ahead of the filter tank on the supply before entering line side of filter tank to not filter outside water. I'm assuming i'll have to install a check valve of sort to...
  3. bikeboy

Water heater problem

I am having a water heating problem with my 50 gallon electric water heater. Tank is only a couple of years old. The water is chlorinated coming from the street. Living in Tennessee, The water line from street is only 18" below grade, and @ least 500 ft. before entering tank. With both...
  4. bikeboy

Hot water heater problem

I am having a water heating problem with my 50 gallon electric water heater. Tank is only a couple of years old. The water is chlorinated coming from the street. Living in Tennessee, The water line from street is only 18" below grade, and @ least 500 ft. before entering tank. With both...
  5. bikeboy

Tub is lower hot water temp., than what is set@ WH thermostat

Hot water @whirlpool tub spicket reads 90 deg. , when 50 gallon electric water heater elements are both set @ 120 deg. ; and tub spicket is 110 deg. , when water heater therm. is set @140. Both Thermostats shut-off their elements , and both test with good continuity, no short to ground nor...
  6. bikeboy

Go tankless; 85 gallon tub fill, add mast. bth, or whole house ?

Presently have 2 - 50 gallon tank type water heaters. one for kitchen, and two bathrooms; the other for mast. bath, and laundry; opposite ends of house (40ft. apart). I've posted a question in reference to this a while ago, but may want to update question. Should I install a small tankless just...
  7. bikeboy

More hot water for whirlpool tub

I've posted here before about filling a 84 gallon whirlpool tub. I have 2 - 50 gall. electric WH's opposite ends of house. 1- 50 gallon wont cut it for tub fill. I'd rather not move WH's together, or tankless, and use circulator; only 2 of us living in house. Is it possible to just bring a 1/2"...
  8. bikeboy

Which water heating method

In the home I'm presently living there's 2- 50 gallon electric water heaters opposite ends of house; (aprox. 50ft apart). One takes care of kitchen sink and 2 full baths with a long pipe run to termination. The 2nd heater has a slightly less distant pipe run which takes care of a laundry (tub...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks