Search results

1. bikeboy

Is acheck valve needed when separating non filtered from filtered water for a conditioning media tank ?

found a shark bite check valve @ local Home Depot ; probably a spring type; and has very easy cracking pressure that should be able to be mounted any direction and easily removed.
  2. bikeboy

Most efficient type check valve for separating non filtered water

found a shark bite check valve @ local Home Depot ; probably a spring type; and has very easy cracking pressure that should be able to be mounted any direction and easily removed.
  3. bikeboy

Thank You w/ reply; It may not upset the media in tank, but would there be a need for a check valve on the input to stop filtered water to being drawn to the outside faucets ? Most spring check valves I've bought were of high cracking pressure, which is why I've considered a horizontal mount...
  4. bikeboy

I have two water heaters opposite sides of house. Closest unit to the in water supply has a WH and has a exp. tank just above the inlet supply to that WH. The in main water supply is located about 20 ft from that WH. Please explain...
  5. bikeboy

Spring type seemed restrictive when I tested it, and not sure how it would flow when on low demand. Thanks for reply...
  6. bikeboy

I'm installing a basic carbon water filter to filter chlorine from a city water supply. I've tee'd a line to all outside faucets ahead of the filter tank on the supply before entering line side of filter tank to not filter outside water. I'm assuming i'll have to install a check valve of sort to...
  7. bikeboy

Is acheck valve needed when separating non filtered from filtered water for a conditioning media tank ?

Thanks for reply; I was worried about any carbon sediment getting drawn up to separated line to outside faucets. I just picked up a sweat 3/4 swing check valve, but will have to be mounted horizontally for proper operation. The spring type check valves seem too restrictive Imo. Problem is that...
  8. bikeboy

I'm installing a basic carbon water filter to filter chlorine from a city water supply. I've tee'd a line to all outside faucets ahead of the filter tank on the supply before entering line side of filter tank to not filter outside water. I'm assuming i'll have to install a check valve of sort to...
  9. bikeboy

Water heater problem

I've checked the temp @ the T+P output after letting run a little; and also checked @ the drain. 110 @ T+P, and luke warm @ drain. Not sure why. Also; 100 deg@ laundry tub near WH (which should have no chance of mixing) ; While WH therm set @150, or max of therm. I checked the temps w/ a Water...
  10. bikeboy

Water heater problem

I just checked @2 outlets with the cold valves shut, and still the same. I have not tested these output temps till recently. Still; I have to figure if the thermostats are shutting off the elements; wouldn't that eliminate a problem with the elements, esp. if when switched on, there drawing...
  11. bikeboy

Water heater problem

Well; No mixer on water heater. I checked temps @ the lower drain and upper pressure relief valve. Both therms are set @150; upper relief valve is reading 120, and @The relief valve just getting warm temp. When I ran water out of drain valve, lower element came on and is drawing current tested...
  12. bikeboy

Water heater problem

I am having a water heating problem with my 50 gallon electric water heater. Tank is only a couple of years old. The water is chlorinated coming from the street. Living in Tennessee, The water line from street is only 18" below grade, and @ least 500 ft. before entering tank. With both...
  13. bikeboy

Hot water heater problem

I am having a water heating problem with my 50 gallon electric water heater. Tank is only a couple of years old. The water is chlorinated coming from the street. Living in Tennessee, The water line from street is only 18" below grade, and @ least 500 ft. before entering tank. With both...
  14. bikeboy

More hot water for whirlpool tub

Well; since I have two water heaters; What I would like to do is to run a 3/4 hot water line from the far WH to WH for the tub, and install a type of valve that would allow both WH sources to merge into the tub spout. I would need a valve to sense either pressure or flow too get a balance of the...
  15. bikeboy

Tub is lower hot water temp., than what is set@ WH thermostat

I'm trying to get at least 105-110deg at the tubs hot side, then I can mix cold in. Therm. set @140 gets me 110deg. in summer. Since the WH is only a 50 gall. , the tanks capacity is at it's threshold for that given temp. I'd rather not go higher, tried it once , and in the winter , the...
  16. bikeboy

There are separate hot and cold valves with a single spout. HR...
  17. bikeboy

The valve body is of a Delta whirlpool type with separate diverters. There seems to quite a differential between the two points . The water heater is only a few feet away from the tub. The elements are drawing 4.5 kw each, and switch over as needed. I am able to barely make a fill in the summer...
  18. bikeboy

Hot water @whirlpool tub spicket reads 90 deg. , when 50 gallon electric water heater elements are both set @ 120 deg. ; and tub spicket is 110 deg. , when water heater therm. is set @140. Both Thermostats shut-off their elements , and both test with good continuity, no short to ground nor...
  19. bikeboy

Go tankless; 85 gallon tub fill, add mast. bth, or whole house ?

I would just use and insulate the pipe coming from the far WH. There are two ways to accomplish this, one is to install a 120v water solenoid to each incoming hot water line; wired to a 3-way switch, get right mixed temps at spout w/cold) using switch and monitor temps of both hot WH lines as...
  20. bikeboy

Go tankless; 85 gallon tub fill, add mast. bth, or whole house ?

Thank you for replies. Here's what i'm thinking. Since I have two water heaters, but far apart; Could I just install a 3/4 hot side line from far water heater near 1st WH. Since they cant be simply combined; install a 12 or 24V solenoid switched water valve on each WH hot side leg; switched @...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks