Search results

1. Jasonir129

Heating and cooling issues in finished room over garage: mini split?

Spoke with a fantech tech and they recommended this fan (FG8EC 49901) for the supply and return lines and use the potentiometer to dial in the speeds. Up to 400cfm so it could bring a good amount of air movement and displacement. Any thoughts on this route?
  2. Jasonir129

Anyone have experience with inline duct fans or duct booster fans? It seems like it could be helpful for overcoming all of the losses from the long run of ductwork to the supplies and return. Potentially a combination of dampers and inline fans on supply and return? I have relatively easy...
  3. Jasonir129

That's not helpful. I didn't make up my mind -- I just don't have this option near me. No HVAC companies come out to do this sort of work unless your system is down etc. Is there a different type of HVAC professional I'm unaware of? This isn't my decision; I'm all about working with what I...
  4. Jasonir129

In theory it was supposed to heat and cool the space with my house sufficiently but it doesn't mean it was accomplished (or properly designed in the first place). Adding in dampers and balancing the airflow is roughly half the cost of adding a mini split and I was not given a guarantee that it...
  5. Jasonir129

I'm familiar with the manual J and went through the process for an addition we did in another part of the house. I think it's unrealistic to do a fine grained calculation at this point and not really sure what I would gain. Probably more beneficial could be something like the HERS test to get...
  6. Jasonir129

@Breplum and @WorthFlorida , thanks for the feedback so far. I don't disagree with any of your points. I can imagine the dampers helping, but is it going to make the improvement needed. I'm skeptical. I asked about adding an inline duct fan and the pro said it's likely to be ineffective. I...
  7. Jasonir129

Here are some images of the space. Note how there isn't enough space over the window for a wall unit and the sloped walls also prevent using a wall unit. The main frontrunner is to install a low wall console 1 ton unit like the Fujitsu 12RLFFH either to the left of the window or on the other...
  8. Jasonir129

Hi all, back to get advice on another part of my house with HVAC issues. Thanks for all the previous help -- it all worked out great so far (installed mini split in sunroom)! We have a large finished room over our garage. Details on this space: - 33' long x12' wide - sloped ceiling from...
  9. Jasonir129

Treating Iron Bacteria and low pH and moderate radon

Thanks, this looks great, can you help me spec it out? Can the injection point share NaOH injection? Would my current retention tank be good? https://www.nelsencorp.com/itemdetail/RETENTION%20TANK-1248-SS
  10. Jasonir129

Thanks, that's some great feedback and I appreciate your experience with this nuisance issue. Just to clarify -- the 7gpm is the well yield test result. So like you said, combo between sustained well output and pump capacity. I would guess we rarely pull over 2gpm for anything longer than a...
  11. Jasonir129

bump -- looking for feedback on ozone systems to check out. thanks in advance
  12. Jasonir129

Hi Allan, thanks for reply. Yes, traditional submersible pump, 60/40 switch. Our pressure tank is 32 gallon but we’re probably not far off from needing to replace it if that matters. Our flow rate is roughly 7gpm for a five bedroom house.
  13. Jasonir129

Thanks Reach4 and Gsmith22! So after a bit more looking around the forums I learned I should also be researching ozone! This seems like a potential avenue for sterilizing/killing iron bacteria and other bacteria and not needing carbon for cleanup (which raised the issue of collecting radon...
  14. Jasonir129

Thanks for the input, but it's really persistent. This is an issue everyone in the neighborhood has, even after shocking the well and plumbing. I think it's something worth treating through filtration, then I'll also have extra protection against coliform and other junk. I do use the blow out...
  15. Jasonir129

Hi all, I'm looking to add and modify my current filtration circuit which consists of: 1) well tank 2) injection port with static mixer (stenner peristaltic pump pulls from tank with 2 parts water to 1 part 17% sodium hydroxide to raise pH) 3) retention tank (this is the one...
  16. Jasonir129

Mini Split for a sunroom

Thanks for telling me about your setup and experience with your sunroom/shed (maybe shunroom?) and mitsubishi mini split! Looks like a great setup. Can't wait to get our project rolling... permitting has been taking forever but should be cleared to build in the next couple weeks (just as the...
  17. Jasonir129

Mini Split for a sunroom

Of course, agreed on properly sizing, which is why I'm really diving into the numbers. When we relaxed things and let it be a little warmer when cooling on a really hot day it dropped to ~12k BTU/hr, more so curious if that means I should still do the 9k unit since it can still put out 12-13k...
  18. Jasonir129

Mini Split for a sunroom

Thanks for all of the great information! In addition to my last question I actually am curious about the HRV/ERV. Would this be in addition to the heat pump?
  19. Jasonir129

Mini Split for a sunroom

Sorry, I know this sat a while. Life happens... I have a friend who is an HVAC pro (he does commercial systems) run load calcs on my addition in his software. He's seeing 17,500BTU/hr cooling and 11,300BTU/hr heating for 72 deg inside with outside temp at 95F and 0F respectively. That's...
  20. Jasonir129

Mini Split for a sunroom

You’re great, I so appreciate you digging in on this with me. Honestly I called e comfort today and they ran their own calculation and told me 15k BTU… which I was suspicious about. I’ll try the tool again and see if I can get the room numbers. It has a weird requirement where the rooms you...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks