Search results

1. Betsy Callahan

Earlier TPR valve question

The water heater is not mounted under the kitchen sink, it is mounted under the kitchen counter top in a corner. It is in a tight space and it is a smaller water heater, not a full sized one like is in the garage in a normal house. The home inspector recommends having a plumber fix it. Any...
  2. Betsy Callahan

Upward mounted TPR valve

I am looking at buying a condo and the home inspector noted the TPR valve is mounted to discharge upward and it is a safety hazard. Any idea what is involved in fixing this? Do I have to buy a whole new water heater? It is in a small space under the sink in the kitchen. Any thoughts are...
  3. Betsy Callahan

Some tiles in shower bend when push on wall

Master bath shower in home built in 1989 has 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" white, shiny tile on 2 walls with glass enclosure making the other 2 walls of enclosed shower. I noticed some grout was failing and if I gently push on some areas of the tile, those areas bend inwards, and in other areas it does not...
  4. Betsy Callahan

Replace pre-filter housing on home water filter system

I have an aquasana EQ-600 whole house water filter system and the 12 year old pre-filter unit plastic cracked and it leaks from the top, so I need to replace the whole pre-filter plastic unit. The printed material from the company says that the warranty is void if you use pipe dope on any of...
  5. Betsy Callahan

Replacing multi-turn angle valve for toilet

I had a 30 year old, all one single piece, multi turn valve connected on a pipe coming out of the wall, that is used to shut off the water coming to the toilet. There is no separate, threaded hose connected to the valve that goes to the toilet, it is all one steel (or aluminum) piece that...
  6. Betsy Callahan

Twisted solenoids to check sprinkler line and H2o pressure in house went down

Don't know what's going on. House was built in 1989. Recently a very weak flow to 2 ( of 4 ) sprinkler zones in back yard. I turned the solenoids at the sprinkler valves to see if it was a valve problem or a break in the line between valve and sprinklers in zones that had weak flow at the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks